twenty

Nova's POV:

"Hey..." I said, groggily when I woke up.

"Hi love," Holden responds, "How're you feeling?"

"Sore but good," I say.

He chuckles and says, "Sorry about that. I'll go run you a hot bath. I'll call you when it's ready."

"Thank you bae," I say before I end up drifting back to sleep.

~~~

Once I finished my bath, I got dressed and I wore my black crop top with my baggy drank blue jeans with rips and paired it with my black vans.

 Once I left the bathroom, I went to the kitchen to find Holden cooking. "Hey," I said, "Mmm, what're you making? It smells delicious." 

Holden chuckles and says, "I made scrambled eggs with a side of bacon." He grabs a plate from the cupboard and serves me some. 

"This is amazing," I say, after I eat a bit.

He smiles, as he says, "Thank you Moonshine," before he sits down at the island with me. 

"So what do you wanna do today? It's our last day here and I don't have anything planned," Holden says.

"Um, I don't know honestly. I guess we can just hang out wherever you want," I say.

"Okay cool. I'll show you around some of my favorite spots," Holden says.

"Actually, before we do that, I think I know where I wanna go..." I say.

~~~

"Are you sure you wanna come here?" Holden said, as we stood in front of the building.

"Yes," I said, "I wanna see where you work."

"Okay then," Holden said before pushing the doors open.

"Woah, this looks so cool," I say. The inside of Golden Section was beautiful. It had beautiful soft white walls with high ceilings and lights that ignite everywhere. 

"So this is it," Holden says. 

"Holden!" A voice calls out.

Holden takes my hands in his and walks me over to the front desk, where the voice who called him was. It was a pretty brunette haired woman. 

"Hey Meg," Holden says, "Meg, this is my girlfriend Nova. Nova, this Meg, our receptionist."

"Hi!" I greet Meg, we shake hands and begin to talk.

"Hi! Wow, you're beautiful," she says.

I blush and say, "Thank you, so are you!"

She smiles, says thank you as well, before telling Holden, "I didn't know you were coming in today."

"Oh, Nova wanted to check out the workplace so I'm just gonna show her around."

"Okay cool," Meg says, "It was nice meeting you Nova!"

"Nice to meet you too," I reply before her desk phone rings.

Holden takes me into an elevator and presses the button for the top floor. Once we reach it, a man came to Holden's side and said, "H, how come you're in? You don't have anything planned today. Also who's the beautiful lady here?"

I smile and introduce myself to him, "Hi, I'm Nova, Holden's girlfriend."

"You're Nova? Woah, Holden's always talking about you," I laugh as he continues to say, "I'm Camden, Holden's PA/ close friend," as he shakes my hand.

"Nova wanted to see the place so I'm showing her around," Holden says.

"Okay cool," he says.

Holden continues to show me around his workplace, once he shows me his office.

~~~

After Holden showed me around Golden Section, we headed throughout New York, it was an amazing day. We ate lunch and spent the afternoon in Central Park. We fed the birds and took one of those horse carriages and it was amazing. 

When we got back to Holden's apartment building, Cordelia was there.

"Oh god," Holden muttered under his breath.

"Holden baby! Where have you been?" Cordelia said, as she tried to kiss him. I could feel myself get agitated by the second. I knew this was Holden's fight, so I stayed observant and silent.

"Get off Cordelia," he said to her coldly.

Luckily she listened and with that high pitched voice of hers said, "Holden, how many times do I have to tell you? I'm sorry, it was just a one time thing."

"Really? I forgive you Cordelia, let's get back together," He said sarcastically, "We're over Cordelia. Get that inside your head. I'm much happier now."

"With her ?" She sneered as she once again, looked me up and down, "Where'd you even find her? At the local dump? Are you sure she isn't just a gold digger?"

"Bitc-," I was about to say, but Holden pulled me back and whispered to me, "She's not worth it."

"Don't you dare call my Moonshine a gold digger. She's makes me more happier than you ever did or ever will. She's an angel and even if I didn't have her, I would never ever go back to you," he says.

"Holden come on," she said, "this won't work out. Just watch."

"Security!" Holden called out.

Holden took my hand and we headed back to his apartment, ignoring her whining and screaming. Once we got inside Holden's apartment, I capture Holden's lips with my own and soon the sweet, comforting kiss turns into a heated make out session as we move onto the couch, as I sat on Holden's lap, straddling him. Eventually, we break the kiss for air but keep their foreheads touching and look into each other's eyes. "I love you Moonshine," Holden breathes. "I love you too Holden," I say softly. Holden begins to a leave wet trail of kisses from my lips to my jaw line to my neck. Soon he finds my sweet spot and start sucking on it. "Ahh.. H- Holden," I moans. After more kissing on my sweet spot Holden pulls away and leaves more kisses on my lips.

"I love you Holden," I say once our heated kiss ends.

"I love you too Nova," he replies.

And with that, we cuddle the night away, falling asleep in each other's arms.

______________________

I hope you guys enjoyed the chapter! Feel free to vote and comment! Till next time ♥️♥️