eighteen

Nova's POV:

"What?!" I asked, "Holden, I'm sorry, I can't just leave everything behind here."

"I know" Holden said, "I didn't mean like permanently. I have to go back to New York just for a weekend. I wanna take you with me for the weekend."

"Ohh," I said, calming down, "I don't know yet Holden. I have to see if my mom would be alright without me. I'd love to go with you but it depends."

"I understand," Holden says. 

Holden and I cuddle and talk until Momma was ready to go.

~~~

"Hey Momma, can I ask you something?" I say to her, once we get home.

"Go ahead, hon," Mom says.

"Holden's going to New York this weekend and he wants me to come with him," I say.

"Go," Mom says.

"Mom, I haven't even said anything about going yet," I chuckle.

"Nova, I see the way that boy looks at you. It's the same way your father looked me, many moons ago. Go, be with him," Momma says.

I pull her into hug and say, "Thank you Momma."

~~~

By the end of the week, I was packed for the trip. On the day of, I got dressed and headed to the airport where I would meet up with Holden. I wore a pair of white sweats with a matching crop top. We both only bought one carry on each, since it was only one weekend.

When I reached the airport, Holden took my bag as I said goodbye to Mum and Alli

"Bye Momma, bye Alli," I say as I give them a hug, "I'll call you when I land."

I wave them good bye as Holden and I board the three hour flight to New York. Once we buckle in, Holden takes my hand and says, "Are you ready?"

"Well, I'm not gonna lie, I'm kinda freaked out. This is my first time on a plane," I reply.

Holden chuckles, "Don't worry, it's not that bad."

"Well, I'm taking your word for it," I chuckled.

~~~

Once we landed, Holden gathered the bags, as I took my phone and called Momma.

"Hey Momma," I say.

"Nova!" Mom says, "How is it there? Have you seen the skyscrapers? Are the people nice?"

"Mom," I laugh, "I just landed. I haven't even left the airport yet."

She laughs and says, "Okay, lemme know how it goes."

I laugh and say, "Alright. I'll call you later Mom. I love you."