four

Nova's POV:

Once Holden and I went our ways, it was almost time for for my shift at the bookstore. I took my bike back home and I took the car on the way to the bookstore, greeted the librarian and began my shift. It wasn't busy much today as usual, so my best friend Allegra visited me on my shift. Allegra worked in her family's ice cream parlor and would visit me whenever she could. We've been friends since we were in diapers. 

"Hey Alli," I said once she arrived.

"Hey Nova, how's it going?" She asked.

"You know, the usual," I said casually.

"That's not what I've been hearing," she teased.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"I heard from the ladies that you've been hanging out with the new guy in town," she said.

I laugh, "There's barely any privacy here. Anyway, yeah we have been hanging out. He's pretty cool."

"And cuteeee," she added on.

"Did you forget that you're engaged?" I asked. Allegra had the most stable relationship ever. She was engaged to Parker, the mechanic.

"Not for me, you dodo bird. I'm talking about you. It's been forever since you've gone out with someone," she said.

"He's just a friend Alli," I say, "Plus I have to work on paying these bills."

Alli sighed, "How bad is it?"

"We're still trying to pay off Dad's hospital bills, plus all the regular bills, it's been a lot," I admit.

"You know, I can help you out if you want. I don't want you to focus your prime years worrying about bills. It's not fair to you," she says.

"I'll be able to manage it. Thanks for offering though," I say.

"The offer always stands," she says, "Anyway, what's he like?"

"Well he's funny, charming, and definitely handsome," I say without thinking. Crap. I put my hand to cover my mouth, in surprise of what I just said.

"'Just friends' my ass," Alli smirked.

~~~~

By the time my shift ended, it was dark and Mom texted me, asking me to pick her up from the Scott's. I drove my way through town, while listening to One Direction. They were definitely my favorite band.

When I arrived, I walked up the walkway and knocked on the door. An old man opened the door and I greeted him. 

"Hi there! You must be Mr. Scott, I'm Nova, Rose's daughter," I say.

"Oh hi there! Your mom told me about you, come in!" He said.

"Call me Atticus," he said once he let me in. Atticus guided me to the living room to wait till my mom was finished.

"Hey bakery girl!" Noah greeted as I saw him coming downstairs.

"Hi there Noah! You know my name is Nova right?" I said.

"Yeah I know but I like the nickname better," he said.

I chuckled, "Alright then."

~~~~

Holden's POV: 

Once I came home, I was heading to my room when Noah got my attention.

"Bakery girl was here ya know?" He said.

"Nova? When? Why?" I asked all at once. Wow Holden, way to be discreet about liking her.

"You like her, don't you?" He teased.