fifteen

Holden's POV:

I couldn't help but be nervous when I arrived on her porch. I rang the doorbell with a bouquet of flowers in my arms. Were the flowers too much? Mom always told me to bring flowers on the first date. All my thoughts came to a halt when Nova answered the door. 

She looked absolutely stunning. She was wearing a beautiful mini navy blue dress and she straightened and re- curled her hair. 

"Hi Nova," I say.

 Really, Holden? Hi? 

"You look beautiful," I add on.

"Thank you," she replies, "You look great too."

"I got these for you," I say, as I hand her the bouquet.

"Thank you Holden," she says.

"Ready to go?" I said, holding out my hand. She takes my hand and I lead her to my car.

"Nice car," she says as I open the passenger door for her.

"Thanks," I reply with a smile.

Once I enter the car, we're both quiet as I drive off. This seems really awkward. Honestly the minute I saw her today, it's like all my usual charm dissipated.

"Want some music?" I ask.

She nods and I flip on my radio. We look at each other as we realize what song just came on. Best Song Ever. I look over at her and I can tell she's trying to refrain from singing the lyrics. I give her a sly smile and I say, "Are you thinking what I'm thinking?" 

She nods, grinning uncontrollably.

"Maybe it's the way she walked (wow)

Straight into my heart and stole it
Through the doors and past the guards (wow)
Just like she already owned it!"
We sing together at the top of our voices.

~~~

About 5 songs later, "Where are we going?" Nova asks impatiently.

I chuckle as I say, "Hold on, we're almost there." I turn the corner into a grass field and a barn in front of us.

"We're here," I say.

"What are we doing here?" Nova asked curiously.

As if on cue, the projector starts playing a movie, projecting onto the barn walls. I open up the car's compartments and pull out snacks, candy, and popcorn. I reach into the small cooler in the back, and pull out two sodas for us.

"We are gonna watch a movie together," I say.

She looks at me in awe and say, "This is probably the best first date I've ever had. Pass the popcorn please."

I chuckle as I pass it to her.

~~~~~~

"This was an amazing movie," she said as she snacked on popcorn as we drove back.

"This date isn't over just yet," I say, as we drove into the parking lot of a diner.

"A diner, huh?" She says.

"Yeah, I figured you'd rather be at a familiar place rather than some posh rich place where the food is unreadable, in the smallest portions ever, and over expensive," I say.

"Well you guessed right," Nova said. 

Once we enter the diner, we sit down in a booth and a waitress greeted us and handed us some menus. 

"So what would you like?" I ask, as I scan over the menu once more.

"Honestly, I'm feeling a cheeseburger about now," she says, "Ooh, they have onion rings too."

I chuckle as the waitress returns for our order.

"I'll have the chicken wings and a side of fries with a Pepsi," I say.

"And I'll have a cheeseburger and a side of onion rings with a vanilla milkshake," Nova orders.

Nova's POV:

Honestly this date is the best I've ever been on. I've went on a date a couple guys before, (per Allegra's request) and none of them made past the first one. Holden is the first guy I've actually felt feelings for. 

Once our food arrived, I dived right in and this was usually the mark where guys would be concerned for my eating habits but Holden just smiled at me and said, "It's good that you eat. Most girls, back in the city, would just order a salad and barely eat that itself."

I smiled and said "i'M nOt LiKe tHe otHeR GiRls."

Kidding. I would never lol.

Actually though, I smiled at him and said, "I'm all for eating and food is my bae."

He laughs as we both eat and talk more with each other.

~~~

When Holden drove us back, I said, "Thank you. This was amazing."

"I hope I earned myself a second date," he says.

"Most definitely," I say.

Once he parked in front of my house, Holden slipped his fingers between mine as he placed his other hand on my cheek. I sighed and tilted my head slightly and our lips began to move in sync together. I leaned in closer to Holden and ran my hand through his hair as Holden ran his tongue over my lip. I opened my mouth and Holden leisurely licked into my mouth and I squeezed Holden's hand tighter. I never had a kiss that had felt quite like I was floating above the world.

Once we pulled away, we laid our foreheads against each other and wished each other good night.

_______________________

I hope you guys enjoyed the chapter! Feel free to vote and comment! Till next time ♥️♥️