twelve

Nova's POV:

It was the day of the festival and I was super excited to be going with Holden. I got ready for the day, as I decided to wear my my yellow top with my black jean skirt with my regular white sneakers. As usual I leave my untamable curly hair out, with a cute little head band on.

Holden and I were meeting up at the bakery, since it was halfway there, and we would walk the rest together

Holden and I were meeting up at the bakery, since it was halfway there, and we would walk the rest together. I glanced at my phone for the time, seeing it was 11:42. We were meeting up at 12, so I quickly grabbed my phone and headed out. And just as luck would have it, someone ran into me. And isn't today my lucky day, since it was Missilyn.

"Will you watch where you're going?!" She shrieked at me, with that annoying high pitched voice of hers.

"You ran into me, honey, not the other way around," I snapped at her. 16 years of her bullshit, I've had enough. I'm tired of being the girl that everyone steps on.

"Bitch, that's why you're always preying on rich boys to help with your poorness. I'm so rich that I could buy you, if I wanted too," she said, as if it was a normal thing you would say to someone.

"First of all, that's fucking disgusting. Are you really resorting to human trafficking as an insult? Second, I don't need rich boys to help me out. I can work for things myself, unlike some people," I say, as I stare her down disgustingly.

She looked at me and attempted to slap me. I laughed. 

"You really think you'll be able to slap me," I say as I grab her hand midair, "I've been fighting off disgusting drunks since I was 16, actually working to get money."

Once I let her hand go, I pushed her and said, "Stay out of my way. I actually know how to bite, instead of being all bark."

She ran off and damn, did that feel good. I know it might've seemed mean, what I did to her, but she's been the worst person to me. She bullied me relentlessly as a child, not even when my father died did she give any sympathy. All she did, was make a joke out of his death. I see Holden up ahead the road and he walks toward me. 

"I saw what happened," he said.

I chuckled, "I hope you don't see me any differently."

"Nah, probably more badass though. She keeps flirting with Noah and I when we see her, talk about money chaser," he said.

"So why didn't you step in?" I asked curiously.

"It was your fight. I could trust that you could handle it. Plus if you needed help, I'd always be there to protect you," he said.

I blushed as I said, "C'mon, the carnival is gonna start soon."

We walked into the park, which was now converted into a huge carnival. Once we got in, we wandered around a bit talking, and trying to decide what to do first. Holden bought us some popcorn first as we decided to play some games. We walked toward one of those 'knock the bottles down, win a stuffed animal' games and Holden purchased a ticket for it.

He knocked down all three bunches of bottles and once he won, he turned to me and said, "Pick one," as he motioned toward the stuffed animals.

I looked over my options, trying to see which one caught my eye. Suddenly I noticed a cute little unicorn with a lavender mane. I pointed to that one and the carny handed it to Holden. Holden handed it to me and said, "Here."

"Thank you," I said, "Where'd you learn how to aim like that?"

He chuckled and said, "I used to play Little League baseball as a kid. It was Noah and I's favorite thing to do as a kid."

"That's cool," I said. 

We walked together and soon our hands found each other, once again and I could feel those butterflies in my stomach again.

"Look, there's a Ferris wheel," he pointed out, "Wanna go on it?"

I smirked as I said, "Is Larry real?"

"I'll take that as a yes, then," he smiled as we ran toward the wheel.

Holden's POV:

I'm gonna do it now, I thought to myself. We were sitting on the cart together as Nova looked out on the sight, in front of her. We were still holding hands and I wanted to tell her how I felt about her. 

"Hey Nova," I said softly. She looked over at me with those beautiful eyes of hers and I told her.

"Nova, I like you. You're one of the most beautiful woman I've ever met and you're beautiful, you love One Direction, you have amazing eyes, your sweet. There are endless ways to describe how perfect you are but all I can really say is I want to be with you," I said to her softly.

She looked at me with wide eyes, as a smile crept to her lips and said, "I'd like that too," softly. 

I looked at her and leaned in toward her, as she did the same and her eyes closed. I planted my lips on her and we kissed. Her lips were soft and inviting as I kissed her. My senses were invaded with her presence and I couldn't get enough. Once we pulled apart, I laid my forehead against hers and said, "That was amazing."

She nodded in agreement as we were both breathing heavily.

"You're the Park to my Eleanor," she said softly, "Except with all the obstacles," she chuckled. And with that, I placed another kiss on her.

__________________________

I hope you guys enjoyed the chapter! Feel free to vote and comment! Till next time ♥️♥️