Chapter 20 - Jay

The whole way back I keep wondering where Charlie went. Why she left without telling me. I try to hide my concern but it's getting harder. 

"Are you sure you don't want to grab some ice cream with us?" Keith asks for the hundredth time in 5 minutes. 

"Nah, I'm really tired. I think I'm hitting the shower and get ready for bed." I look at the boys. 

Jake pushes me. "Party pooper." 

I hold up my middle finger while I walk away. "Later suckers." I grin when I hear how Jake and Andrew laugh. 

"Later loser!" Andrew yells back. 

I walk into the lobby checking the elevators. Jesus, the top floors. Fuck that. I run up the stairs, making more speed. I hope Charlie is at our room. I really hope so. 

At dinner I couldn't get her out of my head. I couldn't even listen to the conversation that the boys where having. I'm worried sick, couldn't she at least send me a text and why where the boys not worried? 

I tried asking Jake but he only shook his head at me. Telling me without words that he made a promise not to tell anything. So that sucked. 

God if she is in the room I'm going to punch her real hard and painful. Great now I'm getting mad. 

Finally I make it to the right floor and make my way to the right room door. I knock, hoping she opens the door. "Charlie?" But nothing happens and I don't hear anything. Shit. 

With a sigh I open the door. Great, just great. I throw the door closed and throw my stuff on the ground, where is she? 

When I look up, I stop dead in my tracks. What is this? The room is lighted by small candles, there are petals all over the floor and on the beds and I hear soft music on the back ground. If this is a joke from the boys I will kick their asses. 

And then two arms wrap around me from behind. Before I start screaming I smell her scent and a smile creeps up my face. 

"Hey babygirl." She kisses my neck, jaw and cheek, wrapping her arms better around me. 

"I hate you."

She grins. "You love me."

"Confident are we now." I turn in her arms so I can face her. "How do you know that?" 

Her fingers slide under my chin lifting my face so I look her in the eyes. "Because of the smile that's on your face every time you look at me, the sparkle in your eyes when our eyes meet, how your hands travel to mine automatically and just the look in your eyes when you stare so deeply in mine." My heart warms. "I know you heartbeat quickens the moment I walk in the room, how you get warm and giggly almost like you're drunk -" My lips stop her from saying more, that's exactly what happens. 

"I love you." 

Charlie smiles on my lips. "See." 

"Shut up and kiss me." And so she does, she kisses me. She pulls me in a hurricane, her hurricane. Tearing everything apart but it's holding us together like glue. And when It's almost too much to handle, we break apart gasping for air. 

"Sorry that I left, but I wanted to surprise you." She caresses my cheek, my eyes flutter closed. "And you know I will tell you everything If I talk long enough, so I left without saying anything." 

"It's okay." I slightly stroke her cheek. "I'm just glad that you're okay."

"So you really were worried!" I laugh and kiss her to shut her up. 

"Just kiss me." But of course she does not, she wants to brag about this. "Charlie..." 

She looks me in the eyes. "Were you really worried?"