Chapter 9 P2 - Jay

I woke up around half past seven. I slept terrible, at first because I kept tossing and turning and then I heard Charlie scream. After our kiss I fell asleep almost immediately and then in the morning I woke up because to the boys who were getting ready to go for a run made a lot of noise, even after a night of drinking they went for a run.

Jake opened my door, but left me there. I laughed when I heard Charlie yell to them to fuck off and that they were nuts, I heard a bang and knew she had thrown something at Keith. The boys then laughed and ran down the stairs and out of the house. When the front door closed I laid on my back and stared at the ceiling, I feel like I have been lying like this for over an hour. I probably fell asleep somewhere because I was startled again by rumbling downstairs.

I'm still in bed now, I just don't feel like getting out of bed. I have muscle pain from yesterday and to be honest, I don't know if I want to see Charlie. Don't get me wrong, the kiss, the kiss was amazing, I've never felt anything like it. But there are some points that make me doubt.

I haven't even thought about coming out, yes I've known for a while that I'm gay, but my plan was always to experiment with that when I went to college, away from Hillside, away from my dad. My fear only increases when I think about coming out if I want to be with Charlie.

She is open about it, everyone knows she is a player and that is perhaps the most worrying for me. Is she playing me, pretending to be open to me to take advantage of me? And if she's sincere, could she wait? Could she wait for me, I don't want to be forced to do anything and that's what I'm so afraid of. I'm afraid she'll forget I'm not out yet and grab my hand or that she kisses when the boys are there.

With tunes in with the next subject: Keith. I know Keith likes me. I notice that in everything, his hugs, the texts, the flirty comments and smiles. If I start something with Charlie, I have to tell Keith, I can't hook him up, I can't lie to him.

And with that, I decide to cut it off with Charlie. I'm not ready to let out that part of myself even though I want to. I'm not ready to have my heart broken by a player.

With a groan I roll out of bed, I put on the shirt that the boys left behind, there is also a pair of sports shorts with it which I also put on. It's a little too big, but not as big as boys' clothes, so I know this is Charlie's.

My stomach growls as I walk to the stairs. I try to rub the sleep out of my eyes and run my hands through my hair a few times to get it in shape. Halfway down the stairs I can look into the living room and kitchen. I swallow hard when I see Charlie behind the stove. She has her back turned to me so she can't see me and I'm a little bit happy about that.

Slowly I make my way to her. I try to control my nerves. Just pretend that nothing happened, like your heart isn't nearly pounding out of your chest when you only think about her, pretend that I don't have clammy hands and I don't know how to breathe anymore. Just pretend.

"Good morning." I hear Charlie say. How did she know that I... She turns to me with a grin and pushes a plate towards. "Hungry?" Okay, she's still acting normal.

"A little bit." I sit at the bar stool and shove the plate towards me. I'm staring at the eggs with toast and bacon. It smells delicious. Charlie rests against the counter for a moment and takes a bite of her toast. I try not to look at her when I take a bite. My eyes almost roll out of my head, that is, wow. Good gracious.

Charlie grins and grabs a glass of water and sits down next to me at the bar. "Slept good?" I watch her put some egg on her fork and take a bite. I follow her lead. Man this is way too good.

"Yes, I slept fine," I lie. She doesn't need to know that I had the word sleep of my life. "You?"

Charlie nods and pushes her empty plate forward. "Could be better, same money for the hangover."