Chapter 3 - Jay

This week was awful. Walker and Taylor have been trying to walk all over me all week since I out played Walker in baseball, that became clear when Walker pounded me into the lockers the next day. In addition, I have nestled a bit in Jake's group, which has gone by itself.

  He just invited me over for everything, lunch, practices after training or hanging out. The only bad thing is that Charlie is also in that group. I don't know much about her yet, it's not that she's not open about stuff, I think she's really an open book, except about her feelings, I saw right away that she's wearing a mask and I wonder if I'm the only one who sees it, since no one ever makes a comment about it.

  Besides that, all I know about her is that she has a twin brother, Keith, that she is 17 and plays baseball. I want to get to know her, just like I am getting to know the other guys now, but every time I get close to her I forget how to talk, even breathing is difficult.

  I've also been getting more attention since I started hanging out with the guys and I hate it. All those guys smile and wink at me, aiming to get into my pants.

Over the past few years I have learned one thing and that is that they are all the same and It makes me sick. Don't get me wrong, I was in a relationship, he was completely crazy about me, but I just didn't had feelings for him. Nothing at all, he was like a friend to me. From that moment on I knew for sure, I am gay. I just don't dare to admit it yet. God I don't even dare to tell anyone.

  Now I would have liked to say it to my mother before she could no longer communicate normally, but at the age of 12 I was still figuring myself out.

  "Jo Jaystar, what are you thinking about?" Jake puts his arm around me, drags me to the dugout. I almost forgot we had training now.

  I try to smile. "School."

  "Mm-hm," he grins, almost as if he knows what I'm really thinking about.

  "What?" I ask when I hit him with my shoulder.

  He shakes his head. "Nothing, you know, nothing at all."

  "Jake!"

  He laughs and runs to Andrew. "I say nothing."

  "Jerk," I mumble under my breath.

"I agree with that." I look ahead, forget my bag and swallow. Charlie throws her things next to me. "If he keeps it up he is in a wheelchair next time."

  I can't help but smile. "What did he say to you?"

  "What didn't he say." She puts her cap on her head and grins. "I think it's still special that his head is still on his neck."

  I bite my lip with a grin, I look at Jake, he tries to jump over his own leg and fails enormously. "Yes, I wonder that too."

  Charlie looks at me, she seems to say something else, but Coach Lewis interrupts her.

  "Later," she gestures, saluting coach quickly. He shakes his head and cannot suppress a grin.

  Coach claps his hands. "Start with a gentle warm up, stretch a bit, I want you running in two minutes." Ugh, I hate condition training.

  I follow Charlie to the boys. Jake leans on Andrew and folds his leg back. "I'm going to set the new record."

  Keith snorts. "And I'm going to be president," he jokes.

  Jake rolls his eyes. 'I mean it.'

  "My grandmother is even faster than you and she has a walker." Andrew pats Jake's shoulder and leans forward to put his hands on the grass without bending his legs, mmm, I didn't expect him to be so nimble.