Chapter 19 - Jay

New York. Charlie looks at me when I step out of the bus, our hands touch just for a second, but it's enough to make my heart beat speed up. 

In the last 2 weeks something changed. Charlie seems to do better, we seem to do better. God I'm so in love with her. We are on a good place with our relationship and if everything turns out right. I'm telling my dad that I'm gay when I come back. For now. I'm just going to enjoy New York. 

"New york!" Yells Jake, jumping off the bus. "Concrete jungle where dreams are made of. There's nothing you can't do. Now you're in New -" 

"Jake shut the fuck up!" He gets a slap in the head from Keith. Who is a little grumpy. 

Charlie rolls her eyes. "Let him be." God how much I would like to hold her hand right now. 

"He's giving me a headache." Keith sighs. 

"You're grumpy." I tease, giving him a little push. 

He pulls on his jacket and huffs. "Yeah, you would be too if you have a broken arm and have to sit on a bus for 1,5 hour with these idiots." 

"Oi!" Keith gets a punch from Andrew. "Nobody is grumpy only you and we are great." 

All of us nod, Keith huffs again. "You're annoying." 

"Well, I don't want to share a room with you anymore." Jake sighs. 

"Who would?" Teases Charlie. 

Jake grins. "But would you look around you, we are in New York." 

I smile. "Yeah we are." 

"so are you going to show your New York today, Jaystar?" Andrew puts his arm around me. "We do wanna know all the secrets." 

"Do you want her diary too?" Charlie grins. 

"Not that kind of secrets, asshole." Andrew pushes her, making her laugh. 

Jake spreads out his arms. "I clearly want to see all those lovely places, but I'm fucking hungry." 

"Same." Keith huffs. "And I want a nap." 

"Aww, baby boy, you feeling tired." Charlie tries to squeeze his cheek. 

"You are fucking annoying." He pushes her back. 

Charlie grins, her eyes land on mine. I can't help it and burst out laughing. "Jay stop!' Charlie tries to hold back her laughter but she fails. 

"Jay really has a catchy laugh." Laughs Andrew. 

Everyone is laughing except for Keith, he looks extremely annoyed. 

"Come on dude, laugh a little." Jake punches Keith. "It was funny." I don't think Keith sees it that way. 

"Alright everyone from the baseball team follow me!" Coach yells. Getting everyones attention. "If you didn't hear me, that's your own damn problem." 

Charlie and I fall back a bit, so we can talk and let the boys finish their discussion. "They are moron's." 

"Agreed." We chuckle.

Charlie can't help herself anymore and slides her hand in mine. "Sorry." She says, but before she can pull away I trap her hand in mine. 

"Don't." I look at her. "I don't care if anyone sees." We smile at each other. 

"Do you want to share a room?" 

I grin, giving her shoulder a little punch. "Is that even a question?" Her grin becomes wider.