|Lancelot| Ren Fair

Word Count: 939

Warning: Mature themes and language
_______________________________________________________________________________

(Modern Renaissance Faire AU)

Today you were driving to the renaissance faire, you were super excited as this was a yearly ritual for you. You pull into the parking lot and found a good spot. You stepped out of your car, opened the back door and began dressing in your garb.

(This is what I picked but feel free to imagine something else)

You put all your things in your side bag and made your way inside the fair

You put all your things in your side bag and made your way inside the fair. You walked around for a bit and found out what time shows were going on.

You grabbed a mug of ale to see was the Merry Wives of Windsor. You took a seat toward the middle front and waited for the show to begin as people sat around you. You chatted with the people next to you and gave them a few recommendations see as it was there first time.

You sat and listened to the lovely ladies sing as well as participating in the crowds parts. When the show ended you talked with the ladies for a bit then moved on to the rest of the faire.

You went and chatted with a few other ren faire goers then made your way to your favorite part of the faire. (Its actually my favorite but for this it's your favorite too)

You walked over to the small line and paid the teller. "Hi boys" you greeted the men pushing the giant swing

"Hello lady." The men greeted back, you smiled and laughed

You took your seat next to a few other people on the swing and rode. You were excited for this all day because it's a tiny break in between the faire and it gives you time to relax. Once the ride was over you hopped off tipped the swing pushers and went off to the battle of the knights.

You stood near the wood gate in the shade instead of finding a seat because you wanted to be closer to the action. You watched all the knights and one in particular caught your eye, the white knight.

You found yourself cheering for the knight in the challenges. The white knight had one in jousting and was gifted a flower to give to someone in the crowd. You watched as the white knight trotted around the fence line and came to a stop in front of you.

The knight hopped of his horse stepped in front of you. He bowed and you did so back. He handed you a rose and kissed the back of your hand before winking at you, getting back on his horse and riding off to prepare for a challenge.

After the battle of the knight you walked around some more. You ordered some scotch eggs and refill on your ale. Once you finished you felt refreshed and continued to walk around.

You walked through the shops and stopped to look at some accessories. You bought a few things. You came across a beautiful dragon ring. You really wanted it but realized that you'd have to come back because you couldn't afford it.

 You really wanted it but realized that you'd have to come back because you couldn't afford it

You sighed and left the shop continuing to look around other shops. As you were walking to the next shop you felt someone tap your shoulder. You turn around to see none other than the white knight behind you.

"Hello Lady." He says

"Hello White Knight." You say

"Lancelot" he holds his hand out

"Y/n" you say and shake his hand, "Wait did you say Lancelot...like Lancelot-"

"Knight of the round table?" He finishes for you, "yes, my parents really liked the books so they named me after the knight Lancelot."

"I like it, it's unique." You say with a smile. He flashes a smile back(the snack that smiles back, goldfish).

"May I accompany you for the rest of your time at the fair?" He asks

"You may." You respond and grab his hand

You spend the rest of the day talking and walking around the ren faire. He even got you a discount on food because he worked there.

You reached the end of the day, faire goers had dissipated and the shops were beginning to clean up for the night. You and Lancelot made your way to the exit.

He stopped you a little ways before the exit, "wait here I'll be right back." He said and ran off in a weird direction

A few minutes later he came back with a small fabric bag. "This is for you." He hands you the bag

You open the bag and gasp, you empty the bag onto your palm and see the ring you were looking at earlier. You smile and look at Lancelot to see him smiling right back at you.

You lift your palm up, "put it on?" You ask

He takes the ring and grabs your hand sliding the ring onto your ring finger and you laugh. When he let's go you immediately pull him into a tight hug.

"Thank you so much Lancelot, how can I repay you?" You ask

"Go on a date with me." He suggests

"I think today already counts as one but I'd be glad to go on another." You respond with a cheeky grin

You both exchange numbers and he walks you to your car. You hug him tightly, thanking him once again and kiss him on the cheek.

"Call me" you say getting into your car and pulling away.

You look in the rear view mirror and see Lancelot doing a happy dance. You smile and laugh to yourself.

|THE END|