Chapter 20: Our Life is Beyond Us

The sun is setting, and Jack went to go and get some food for us to eat on the deck.The ship won't get back to land for another day at least. About 6 days ago, I wouldn't have been able to imagine what my life would look like without my family. Even though I hated them, I still didn't know if I could live without them to guide me. But, meeting Jack, is one of the best things that have ever happened to me.  He has taught me more in a week than my mom has ever taught me in 17 years. As I sit in my thought, I hear a voice shout my name.

"Y/N!" It's Jack from the other side of the deck. I look round and he gestures for me to come over. I jump out of my seat and run over to him.

"Look." He grabs my wrist and pulls me over to the other side of the ship.

"Where are you taking me, Jack?" I laugh and he looks back at me.

"I'll show you!" Jack smiles and drags me even faster to show me. His hair flaps behind him and so does mine. 

We run to the end and I'm out of breath. I laugh and he hugs me tightly.

"Okay, step up. And close your eyes." Jack holds my hand and leads me to step up. I can hear the fast ocean beneath me, I know what's happening.

"Oh my god, Jack-.." I smile when I realise what he's doing.

"Shhhh." Jack interrupts me and makes my cheeks flush. I can feel his hand rubbing my hands. He lifts my arms up and he tells me to open my eyes. The sunset is beautiful, the smell of the ocean right now is so satisfying.

As I open my eyes, the reflection on the waves beams in my direction, but it's perfect. Jack leans his head on my shoulder and I can't stop smiling.

"This is it. Our whole life is ahead of us." Jack says, looking right into my eyes. I look round at him and smile, and then look back at the sunset.

"I couldn't think of anything better."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
THANK YOU FOR READING 'MEET ME AT THE CLOCK' !! THIS IS MY SECOND STORY SO IF YOU WANT TO SEE MY FIRST STORY, IT'S CALLED 'JUST JIM AND I' !! HAPPY READING 🤩