Chapter 19: A Little Visit from the Devil

Y/N'S POV:

I wake up and it's light outside, makes a change. It feels like it's been the night for a dozen days. There will be a lot of people from the Titanic that will have recurring issues after this, like PTSD and anxiety. This traumatic experience will never leave my memory. I bet I'll be able to tell you exactly what happens in 50 years time.

Jack is asleep on my shoulder, I don't know if I should wake him or leave him. I'll leave him, he's only as tired as I am. Everyone else on the boat is either sleeping, or shivering and being comforted my other passengers.

In the distance, I can see another big black ship. Hope it's a strong ship this time. From here, I can see it has this big white writing on the side. Carpathia, maybe? Sounds, kind of like, a sister or brother ship to the Titanic. Possibly. I lay my head down and start to sing a song softly that is familiar to Jack and I. Jack's eyes start to stir and he looks at me. After a few seconds, his eyes slowly close again, and Jack breathes heavier. I hope he's okay, after yesterday.

After a while, the bigger ship is closer, and people from our small boat are starting to load on to it.

"Jack." I softly nudge him, and whisper his name. He moves around, but doesn't wake up. I do it again, but a little bit firmer.

"Jack, look. People are getting off." I whisper, and Jack wakes up. He sits up slowly, but hasn't come around yet.

"Come on, Jack. It'll be even warmer on there." I grab Jack's hand softly and guide him to the entrance of the Carpathia, him still wrapped in the checkered blanket a kind old lady had handed to us.

"Are you alright, Y/N?" Jack asks, looking into my eyes.

"I...I think so." I look around to him and see him flick his hair out of his face again. He goes silent, and I turn back around, walking up the steep stairs.

JACK'S POV:

It's weird to be in a calm area again. For a moment, I forgot what it felt like. I follow Y/N up the stairs to this new ship. She seems to know what she's doing, which shocks me considering what she's been through. With the sinking, and her aggressive family. Y/N is such a strong woman that a lot of girls find hard to be. It comes natural to her, but she's also so sweet and caring and loving, that it's hard to believe that her whole life has been pulling her down. Right now, her hair is dry, and her skin is pale. But she's still beautiful.

We walk up to the top deck of the new ship and we sit on one of the benches.

"Jack...are you okay too?" Y/N asks me with her eyes wide with curiosity.

"Well, I hope so. At least we're safe now, right?" I reply, squeezing her hand tight.

"Hey, that reminds me....where's your sketchbook?" Y/N mentions with a worried expression.

"Oh, it's in the safe. Remember? I drew you...and then we got rushed out." I state, and I can tell she knows what I'm talking about.

"Well, I'm sorry we couldn't get it. I know how much you loved that book."

"Don't worry about it, okay? It would've been ruined anyways. It's probably safer where it is." I reply to Y/N and look her in the eye.

"Yeah, at he bottom of the ocean!" Y/N smiles at me and raises her eyebrows.

".....in a safe." I add, trying to be smart. Y/N giggles and kisses my lips. I kiss her back. We both let go and Y/N leans on my shoulder.

"Oh, and....thank you for everything." I thank Y/N for the things she gave up for me.