69

3 years later

Golden threads of morning light filtered through the curtains of Beomgyu's room, the boy still fast asleep as another entered the room.

"Beomgyu! Breakfast is ready!" Taehyun's sing-song voice spoke. The boy grunted in response before pulling the sheets over his head, curling up into a ball as Taehyun let out a chuckle.

"You don't want to be late for your first day at college, now do you?" he pressed on. The blanket remained as still as a statue. Resorting to the very last option, Taehyun clambered onto the bed as well, pulling the sheets off as he attacked the boy with soft pecks all around his face as Beomgyu giggled uncontrollably.

"Hey! That tickles," he squealed.

"If you aren't going to get your ass off this bed right now, I'll make sure you'll be leaving home with more than just a few pecks," Taehyun teased, but the spark in his eyes said otherwise as Beomgyu widened his own in shock.

"Now, you don't want my new schoolmates to get the wrong impression of me, huh?" Beomgyu clapped back. The latter pursued his lips.

"Remember, if anyone dares to flirt with you, I'll make sure it'll be the last thing they do." Beomgyu let out a chuckle, giving his boyfriend a soft kiss on the cheek before getting out of bed as they went downstairs towards the living room.

It has officially been a year since Taehyun's parents have taken off to the States, leaving their son with the house. Needless to say, it was pretty fun just having a whole mansion just to the two of them as they had already spent the countless night staying up together, binge-watching TV shows, and of course, late-night snacking without anyone having to nag them for it.

Given that they were practically living on their own now without Mrs Kang to cook for them anymore, their cooking skills have significantly improved ( although it came with many close calls of nearly setting the kitchen on fire  ). The pleasant aroma of freshly-baked pancakes welcomed Beomgyu as Taehyun gestured for him to go towards the dining room where their breakfast awaited them; golden-brown pancakes topped off with a slice of butter and lots of honey.

"I'm gonna cook for you tomorrow," said Beomgyu, taking a seat by the table.

"Only if you're able to wake up early, that is," Taehyun chuckled, "say, what time are you supposed to get to your first class?" he asked, checking the clock.

"By eight..." he replied, his voice trailing off as he gazed up to the clock which read, 7:04 am. "OH MY GOD- I'M GOING TO BE LATE." Beomgyu moaned, shoving a slice of pancake into his mouth before dashing back upstairs to get changed.

Beomgyu briefly stepped in the shower before quickly coming out as he grabbed his school uniform- perfectly ironed and folded neatly from the night before. If he had to be honest, his uniform for college isn't too different to his school one, with the same grey pants and dark blue blazer. The only thing different about the two was the colours of their tie, and the logo embroidered onto the blazer.

He trotted down the stairs to see Taehyun still leisurely taking his time with his meal. Lucky, he smiled to himself; Taehyun's classes started at 9.

"Hello, mother, hello father," he heard Taehyun speak- he was on a video call with his parents. "How are you guys?"

"We're good, we're good," Beomgyu heard Mrs Kang's soothing voice reply, "today's your first day at college, right?"