04

Fancy dinners weren't Taehyun's thing, he'd much rather spend the night at home, quietly cooped inside his bedroom minding his own business. Tonight's however, was somewhat tolerable since it was just his family meeting up with a close colleague. Thank god. Ever since they arrived in Korea, he hasn't been able to feel much at home- oh and not to mention the jetlag. If it wasn't for this stupid get together, he'd probably still be in bed, sleeping soundly.

"It's such a pleasure seeing you guys back in Korea, Mr and Mrs Kang," the man spoke before helping himself to the dishes which laid across the dinner table.

"It's good to see you too, Mr Park," Mr Kang replied with a gracious laugh before digging into the food.

"Having trouble adjusting to the time here? It's drastically different than it is in the States isn't it?" Mr Park asked.

"Oh yes, it definitely is," Mrs Kang answered.

"Moving back to Seoul for work I see? After all, working in Korea while being major shareholders of the BH group would most definitely bring the business many benefits, it would probably be more convenient working here too compared to the states," Mr Park continued.

"Well, for the time being, we don't exactly have a solid figure on how long we'll be staying here," Mr Kang responded. Taehyun's mind drifted away into his thoughts as he minded his own business- until he heard his name being mentioned in their conversation.

"So Taehyun- what should I address you as? Terry? or Taehyun?" Mr Park asked, fixing his gaze onto Taehyun who sat up straight immediately.

"You can call me Taehyun since we're in Korea," Taehyun replied, trying his best to put on a smile.

Truth be told, Taehyun's maternal grandmother was born in the States, which ultimately makes his mother half Korean, half white. On the day he was born, his grandmother suggested giving an English name for the boy as well, hence, Terry. He lived in Korea till he was around the age of 6 before moving to the States for his parents' businesses. He was often called 'Taehyun' at home and 'Terry' at school. That might change though, now that they're in Korea.

"So Taehyun, what are your plans for the future once you graduate from school? Studying business to take over your father's position as a major shareholder for the BH group?" Mr Park asked.

The question caught Taehyun off guard- what did he plan to do after high school? He has always been drawn to studying Art -specifically music- but he knew taking that path wouldn't be fully supported by his parents.

"Oh, we do wish Taehyun will one day take his father's position, but it's really up to him if he would like to take a new path of his own," Mrs Kang quickly replied.

"Please excuse me, I need to use the bathroom," Taehyun spoke in a polite voice before making a getaway to the top floor for some fresh air.

The words "future" rang through his mind, to be frank, he hasn't thought much of what he planned to do after graduating. Taehyun has always felt ashamed not having a solid plan for the future; he was the type to focus on the present.

Taehyun quickly ran up the stairs towards the top floor. As soon as he got there though, he saw the silhouette of a boy, standing over the edge of the rooftop.

[ A/N : I made up the whole Taehyun being quarter white thing btw 🗿 it ain't real so don't quote me on that 😭 ]