19

Mustering the courage, Yeonjun walked up towards Taehyun and Beomgyu in the hallway. What exactly gave him the confidence to do this at the moment? He didn't know. Perhaps it was the bitter feeling that had just erupted from his insides when he saw Taehyun holding onto Beomgyu ever-so-tightly just a few minutes ago.

"Beomgyu, could I speak to you for a second?" Yeonjun asked. He could already feel Taehyun's piercing glare resting on him, but he didn't care―not at that moment where it seemed as if his jealousy had triumphed over his fear.

"Uh sure," Beomgyu replied, confused. He gave Taehyun a smug look before pulling Beomgyu away by the hand which seemed to have angered the latter even more. Yeonjun brought Beomgyu towards a hallway that was less crowded than the last.

"You wanted to say something?" Beomgyu asked once they were out of Taehyun's view.

"I just wanted to give you this," Yeonjun said, passing Beomgyu a carton of banana milk, "to thank you for helping me out yesterday,"

"Oh, you really didn't have to bring me out here to give me this," Beomgyu said, taking the drink from his hand. Their fingers brushed past each other for a brief moment―Yeonjun could feel his face go slightly warm.

"I thought it would be better to give it to you in private," he said, feeling slightly flustered.

"Well thank you, I'll see you in class then!" Beomgyu smiled before rushing to his next class.

Once the latter had disappeared from his sight, Yeonjun slumped against the wall as he placed his hands over his head. Get it together Yeonjun- what the fuck did you just do? He thought to himself in frustration.

»»—— ——««

Beomgyu narrowly made it to literature on time as he took his seat which was next to Taehyun's. It seemed as if Taehyun noticed Beomgyu's carton of banana milk which he didn't have before, eyeing it suspiciously.

"Listen here class," Mr Jung spoke, driving away Taehyun's thoughts circling the banana milk, "for the next few lessons, we will be analysing the play 'Romeo and Juliet.' This will take up a good percentage of your grade, so do work hard on it!"

"Teacher, will this be done individually?" A student seated at the back of the class asked.

"Oh right! Thanks for reminding me, this will be pairwork. For this project, I'll be allowing you guys to pick your own partners, since I have granted you guys this authority, I'm expecting nothing less but a flawless and thorough analysis of the play. After picking your partners, go through the first few pages of the play together, and you may start!"

As if on instinct, Beomgyu and Taehyun immediately turned towards each other, letting out a chuckle at each other's undeniable telepathic bond.

"I'll grab us both a laptop each," Taehyun said as he got up.

After grabbing a laptop for each of them, they both sat down as they opened the tab which had the play in it. Beomgyu was barely past the first scene as he felt as if his soul had left his body. He assumed being paired up with Taehyun would've made this somewhat less dreadful to analyse, but he thought wrong. The language used in the play was alien-ish to him and he could barely pick up on what was going on in the current situation.

"Honestly, how are you even reading this?" Beomgyu asked, exasperated as he rubbed his eyes in an attempt to prevent himself from accidentally dozing off.

"I'm a fan of William Shakespeare's writing," Taehyun replied, his eyes not leaving the screen.

"Lucky," Beomgyu mumbled as he went back to reading the dreadful play.

"I know, how about we meet up at the park after school and listen to an audiobook of the play? That way, it will be easier," Taehyun suggested.

Without even thinking twice, a "yes" left Beomgyu's mouth, his brain only then realising the price he'd have to pay if he snuck out of the house again. But no matter how hard he tried to break down the situation, he knew he wanted to see Taehyun, he wanted to meet up with him as much as he could, even if it meant getting hit for it. Beomgyu convinced himself that it would be worth it.

"Great!" Taehyun replied as he began to pack up, "let's go, the class is going to be dismissed in a minute anyway," he continued, checking his watch. Beomgyu nodded in response as left the class with Taehyun.