62

It was 2 in the morning as Beomgyu got up from bed, wanting to go to the kitchen for a snack after waking up in the middle of his sleep. A single, thin streak of light stretched along the hallway—it was coming from Taehyun's room.

Curious, Beomgyu gave the door a knock before entering quietly and, to his surprise, the latter was sitting in front of his desk, laptop turned on with a notepad laid in front of him. Taehyun seemed to have not taken notice of the boy's sudden entrance.

"Taehyun?" Spoke Beomgyu. The boy jumped a little in his seat, shocked by the sudden intrusion of his boyfriend.

"Oh, you scared me," Taehyun sighed, placing a hand over his chest. "Is anything wrong? Why are you up so late?"

"I should be asking you that," the ash blonde-haired boy replied. "What are you even doing at this hour?"

"N-nothing," Taehyun stammered, but it was too late as Beomgyu glided towards his desk, his eyes laying upon the search results popping up on his laptop, reading: how to get better at singing.

"But you're a great singer!" Beomgyu immediately said, his eyes wide open in shock, which clearly expressed just how taken aback he was at the latter's doubts of his beautiful voice. "You're voice... it's so refreshing—it's lovely," he smiled, clearly recalling those harmonising melodies Taehyun had sung earlier in the music room today.

"You think so?" The brunette blushed.

"Mhm," hummed Beomgyu, sitting on top of Taehyun's lap as his strong arms wrapped around him, giving the same warmth it always did. He pulled the boy in closer, his face resting on the side of Beomgyu's shoulders, the sweet scent of vanilla and honey immediately calming his nerves down as Taehyun let out a relieved sigh.

"Sing me a lullaby," Beomgyu requested, getting up as he plopped himself onto Taehyun's bed, "let's see just how fast I fall asleep as I listen to your soothing voice," he grinned.

The later blinked at him before clearing his throat, humming a melody before parting his lips as a delicate voice filled the room. Beomgyu couldn't help but listen to it in awe; Taehyun's voice was truly angelic, soft and warm enough for it to come soothing to the ears, yet, powerful at the same time, encapsulating and conveying every emotion of the song.

Without even realising, his eyelids started to drop ever so slowly as he drifted away into a deep slumber accompanied by a melodious voice.

»»—— ——««

It was nearly 5 in the evening the next day as Beomgyu skipped to Taehyun's room, feeling excited. He gave a knock on the door before entering to see the latter seated by his table.

"Taehyun, are you free right now?" Beomgyu asked, his head peeping through the door.

"Yup," the brunette replied, just as he had finished his maths homework from school today, "what's up?"

"Follow me," he replied, gesturing for Taehyun to get up from his desk as the two made their way downstairs. After putting their shoes on, Beomgyu brought the latter towards his old house. Taehyun gave him a weird look.

"You'll see," Beomgyu winked, reading the boy's perplexed expression.

As he opened the door, the muffled sound of a melody playing filled the empty living room. Gesturing Taehyun to follow, he brought Taehyun towards a room on the first floor, opening the door to see Soobin, Hueningkai and Yeonjun being the source of the music they heard earlier downstairs as they were each playing an instrument.

As if the two had just arrived towards the end of the song, Soobin gave the guitar he was holding one last strum as Taehyun gave them a clap.

"Oh my god—you guys were amazing," said Taehyun, awestruck by his group members' hidden talents, "what song did you just play?"

"Ours!" chuckled Hueningkai. Taehyun gaped at him.

"What? B-But how did you guys figure out the melody so fast?"

The youngest winked at Soobin as he smiled at Yeonjun, and that was when Taehyun knew that the mystery behind their incredibly fast speed was to remain a secret.

"Well, then what are we waiting for? Let's practise!" Said Beomgyu eagerly, taking his own position among the three as Taehyun followed, beaming at his friends.