22

Running down the stairs quickly, Yeonjun made his way towards the nurse's office. I must be crazy, he thought. But something about Taehyun and Beomgyu being alone together created an unsettling feeling in his stomach as his brain then convinced himself that simply following the two wouldn't do more harm than good.

Yeonjun was now just a few feet away from the nurse's office as he came to a halt by the door that stood open. Just as he was about to enter, he heard Taehyun ask, "Did your father hit you again?"

Hit? He thought to himself worriedly. It felt as if his feet were rooted firmly onto the ground as Yeonjun stood outside the open door, desperate to hear more. There was silence between the two for a few moments and Yeonjun took that as a "yes" from Beomgyu.

"You can always confide in me whenever you're feeling down, please, I hate seeing you hurt," he then heard Taehyun say. Yeonjun stood there, his fists balled up and his teeth clenched. As much as he wanted to go inside and check if Beomgyu was okay, he knew that it'd be better if he remained where he was. Pretending as if he heard nothing.

Attempting to distract himself from his thoughts which were rushing through him, Yeonjun turned away as he made his way back towards the lab room. 

Beomgyu? Hit? But our exams are months away... Yeonjun thought to himself as he began to list every "rational" reason his father could've hit him for before realising that there were none.

»»—— ♡ ——««

The next day after history, which happened to be the only lesson Taehyun didn't have with Beomgyu, Yeonjun walked up towards Taehyun in the corridor.

"Taehyun," Yeonjun started. It seemed that the mere presence of him was enough for the latter's smile to turn into a scowl, as a you-better-get-the-fuck-out look was expressed on his face.

"I'm busy," Taehyun lied, cutting him off as he attempted to walk away from him before being stopped short as Yeonjun grabbed him by the sleeve.

"I know Beomgyu's little secret," Yeonjun spoke as a smirk appeared on his face. Taehyun merely raised an eyebrow, though a hint of worry he was feeling was evident as Taehyun placed his hands in his pocket.

"A little bird told me that his father hits him at home. Why? Is the poor boy getting abused?" Yeonjun mocked in a tone which simply made the latter's blood boiled. Taehyun's eyes grew wider before grabbing onto Yeonjun's collar. Bringing the male in close enough to hear what he was about to say.

"I swear. If you dare to tell anyone, I'm going to kill you myself," Taehyun threatened in a low whisper. Staring into Yeonjun's eyes with such fury and hatred. Everyone simply ogled at the two as the corridor grew dangerously silent. Even though, they couldn't actually hear a thing they were saying, or even catch onto their conversation, everyone stood as still as a statue, expecting a fight to go down.

"Don't worry, I won't," Yeonjun replied casually. Taehyun's grip on his collar loosened slightly, but his firing gaze was still intact.

"It just so happens that I fancy him too," Yeonjun whispered slyly into Taehyun's ear.

[ A/N: ah I remember how I originally wanted to make TBND a fluffy ff 🥲]