49

Turning the doorknob, Taehyun gestured for Mr Jung to come inside as his teacher took a seat by Beomgyu's bed. A horrible part of Beomgyu's mind kept telling him that his homeroom teacher wouldn't be any different compared to his last ones; how he would simply turn a blind eye to Beomgyu's situation.

"Beomgyu," spoke Mr Jung gently, "forgive me if I'm being too intrusive, but is there something that's going on at home?" He asked.

Sensing the latter's fear rising, Taehyun placed his hand over Beomgyu's which seemed to have calmed him down as he took a deep breath before explaining everything that has been going on at home. Having to go through it all was already a bad thing, but to repeat the process of retelling it over and over again was traumatising— as if he was allowing his mind to relive those moments of pain and suffering.

But this time, Taehyun was with him throughout the whole process of him reminiscing those torturous memories, harsh whippings, and nights of crying himself to sleep. He was there, giving him words of comfort and reassurance, to give him the strength to continue as he gave his homeroom teacher his side of the story.

Once he was done, he saw the look on Mr Jung's face; it wasn't one of disbelief, neither was it one of shock.

"I'm so sorry you had to go through all of that. I know it isn't easy, and you're already so brave and resilient to be able to push through," he said, meaning it.

"By any chance, have you tried reporting this matter to the police?" Asked Mr Jung.

Beomgyu shook his head. "I'm scared, what if they can't find any evidence of abuse? What if I have nothing to prove my words? And if he is proved innocent, I don't want to imagine what he would do to me afterwards," Beomgyu explained, feeling every hair at the back of his neck standing up as he shuddered slightly just by thinking of the worst that could happen.

"Beomgyu, have you heard of the term, 'entrapment'?" Mr Jung asked.

"Doesn't it mean, 'when a police officer or any other government agent induce someone to commit a crime?" Answered Taehyun.

Beomgyu blinked at him, "but then this would mean bringing up the matter to the police, and I doubt they'll believe me," he spoke.

"I have a close friend who's a police. I'll discuss this matter with him. If we come up with something, I'll let you know as soon as possible," said Mr Jung. Beomgyu couldn't believe what he was hearing right now; he was going to get help.

"You believe me?" Asked Beomgyu incredulously.

"Of course I do!" Cried Mr Jung, "I'll tell him about it, and we'll definitely come up with something. Please take care, Beomgyu," he said, waving at the two before leaving the room. Once he was out of their sight, Taehyun clambered onto Beomgyu's bed as he embraced the latter tightly into a warm hug.

"I'm so proud of you," he whispered, not letting go.

"Thank you for believing in me," smiled Beomgyu as he pulled away, giving a light peck on Taehyun's lips.

He grinned once more as he got up from his bed before being shortly pulled back by the arm as Taehyun brought their lips together again.

»»—— ——««

Feeling as if he should let Beomgyu know about what he planned to do next, Mr Jung headed back to his room, opening the door slowly as he caught a narrow glimpse of the two boys practically having their lips glued together.

Bad timing, he told himself. Feeling a little flustered as he had just walked into his students' privacy. Mr Jung quickly shut the door once more, hoping that they perhaps didn't catch him walking in on them making out.