23

"It just so happens that I fancy him too," Yeonjun whispered slyly into Taehyun's ear.

"You what?" Taehyun spoke. His voice shaking with resent.

"I like Beomgyu, is something wrong with that?" He spoke with a smirk on his face. Taehyun stood there, his hands still gripping firmly onto Yeonjun's collar as he didn't dare to release it.

"Why Terry? Scared I'll steal him away from you?" Yeonjun mocked, pressing further into the latter's temptation to punch him right there and then.

Without saying anything, Taehyun released Yeonjun's collar as he took a step backwards, his fist raised before landing a punch directly onto Yeonjun's right cheek. Shocked gasps from the crowd were audible as everyone watched the two in trepidation. Yeonjun simply let out a "tsk", recovering quickly from the latter's blow as he stepped back, forming a fist with his left hand before throwing an uppercut straight onto Taehyun's chin.

He grabbed Yeonjun by the collar as he pushed him against the lockers, a cacophony of metals clanging echoed across the hallway. Panting heavily as they caught their breath.

Just as Taehyun was about attack Yeonjun again, Mr Jung walked in. His usual happy and bright expression gone as he stared at the two in disbelief.  Taehyun whirled his head towards the direction of the crowd―spotting a familiar ash-blonde hair boy.

Beomgyu.

"What's going on here?" A booming voice spoke. Everyone including Taehyun and Yeonjun immediately turned their heads just by the sound of that voice. It belonged to none other than Mr Chan- the discipline teacher. Just before the two could react, Mr Chan came walking towards them, a cane evidently held in his hand.

"Fighting in the corridors are we?" He taunted. Not wanting to get himself into more trouble, Taehyun quickly released Yeonjun's collar. He dared to not look at Mr Chan in the eyes.

"THE REST OF YOU. GO BACK TO YOUR CLASSES," barked Mr Chan. Everyone quickly diverted their gaze from Yeonjun and Taehyun as they hurried to their next lesson, a chorus of murmurs and whispers immediately breaking out as they conversed to their nearby friends on what they had just witnessed.

"SILENCE!" Yelled Mr Chan as the hallway grew silent once more. "As for you two," he continued, turning to Yeonjun and Taehyun, "follow me," said the teacher as he led the two towards his office.

»»—— ——««

Yeonjun and Taehyun each took a seat by the table as Mr Chan paced back and forth behind his desk, tapping the cane repetitively onto his back―the taps occasionally getting louder before dropping back to its monotonous volume. The silence accompanied by the gradual tapping of the cane set off an unsettling feeling for the both of them.

The canes, of course, were never used in school. They were only brought out to scare the students, making sure that they followed the school rules more strictly. Taehyun and Yeonjun, who were new students, however, didn't know about this yet. Their shoulders instantly dropped in relief as soon as Mr Chan placed the cane onto his table, feeling as if it was safe to breathe again.

"Detention for 3 days," Mr Chan spoke without a moment of hesitation, "you two will be cleaning up the sports hall after school every day."

"Mr Chan, I have some extracurricular activities after school on some days," Yeonjun spoke. "Same here," Taehyun agreed.

"Oh, I'm sure that can be managed," Mr Chan said, not sparing one bit of remorse towards the two. "Clean the sports hall, for three days, after school. If you're busy, then simply postpone it to the following day, did I make myself clear?" He asked, earning a dismissive "yes" from the both of them.

"Now, what did you two fight over?" He asked. Yeonjun and Taehyun turned a deaf ear to his question as neither of them responded. The reason why they even got into a fistfight in the first place was far too stupid, and far too embarrassing to let a teacher know about it.

"No answer?" He pressed on. Taehyun and Yeonjun both kept their mouths firmly sealed. "Very well, make it detention for 5 days."

»»—— ——««

The bell dismissed their last class as everyone began to walk out of their classes, chatting away with their friends before waving their goodbyes. Beomgyu grabbed ahold of Taehyun's sleeve, who was about to leave the class without waiting for him.

"Taehyun, are we walking home together today?" Beomgyu asked.

"Right... I forgot to tell you that I'll be having detention after school for the next 5 days starting from today. I'm so sorry, Beomgyu," Taehyun apologised. His heart dropped at the sight of Beomgyu's smile disappearing.

"Oh, then it's alright. I'll walk home myself," replied Beomgyu as he hastily shoved everything into his bag before heaving it over his shoulder. "See you tomorrow, Taehyun," he waved, trying his best to put on a smile as he left the classroom.

Taehyun probably didn't know this, but walking home together after school every day was the thing Beomgyu looked forward to the most. Collecting himself together, he heaved a heavy sigh as he walked along the corridor. Not looking at where he was heading, Beomgyu accidentally bumped into someone.

"Oh my gosh―I'm so sorry, I wasn't looking at where I was going. Oh, Yeonjun, where are you going? Isn't class dismissed?" Beomgyu asked, looking up to see that he has bumped into Yeonjun, who looked to be heading towards the opposite direction of the school's exit.

"Ah right, I kinda got detention―" he said, looking down at his feet, embarrassed that he admitted it to the person he'd least want to.

"Oh, Taehyun has detention too―wait. You mean both of you got detention together?"

"Uh, well―yes," stuttered Yeonjun, placing an embarrassed hand at the back of his neck.

"Oh, then, good luck!" Beomgyu cheered, before walking away. Yeonjun could feel his heart fluttering slightly- it seemed as if his feelings for the male hasn't changed in the slightest.