18

After lunch, Beomgyu and Taehyun had PE next. He found it extremely unlucky how it was their class who had PE straight after lunch this year, but someone had to take the hit, and unfortunately, it was them.

Beomgyu waited outside of the locker room, thinking that Taehyun was still inside, changing his clothes for PE. What's taking him so long? Beomgyu thought to himself before going inside

"Taehyun, what's taking you so long- AH! " Beomgyu screamed on accident- it wasn't Taehyun he saw inside, but a topless Yeonjun.

"I SAW NOTHING―" Beomgyu quickly reassured, covering his eyes.

"I FEEL VERY MUCH VIOLATED RIGHT NOW THANK YOU," Yeonjun shouted, using the shirt in his hands to cover his bare chest. He looked just as flustered as Beomgyu was.

There was a moment of silence between the two.

"Please excuse me," Beomgyu apologised before rushing out of the locker room, feeling as if he had just invaded someone's privacy.

"Beomgyu, is something wrong?" Taehyun spoke which made Beomgyu jump a little.

"I-I thought you were changing in the locker room―" Beomgyu spluttered.

"I change in the toilets," Taehyun replied coolly, "let's go or we're gonna be late to PE," he continued. Beomgyu mumbled a "right," as he followed Taehyun towards the sports hall. They both sat down on the floor amongst the crowd of students gathering around Coach Jeon, their PE teacher.

"Good afternoon students," Coach Jeon said, his voice booming across the spacious hall.

"Good afternoon," everyone sang back in a monotonous chorus.

"We're going to be doing something fun today, namely, dodgeball!" He announced energetically, there was a chorus of excited murmurs among the students, though Beomgyu could feel the insides of his stomach twisting into a tight knot. Dodgeball wasn't his favourite; he found it terrifying how somebody would be aiming their ball at you without you even realising it. He wasn't a good thrower either; his throws were feeble and weak.

"Beomgyu, are you okay?" Taehyun whispered to him, noticing the male's worried expression.

"I'd be lying if I said I liked dodgeball," Beomgyu admitted.

"Don't worry, it'll be fun, I promise," Taehyun said, giving him a wink which oddly made Beomgyu's heart race faster in a different way.

"Now for your teams, the students on my right will form one group, and the students on my left will form another, GO!" He instructed, blowing his whistle. Thankfully, Taehyun and Beomgyu were seated on the far left of the lot, which ultimately meant that they would be in the same group. together.

The two teams took their positions onto the court as they anticipated Coach Jeon's signal to start. With the blow of his whistle, they began sprinting towards the balls which have been aligned in the centre of the court.

"Just remember to look ahead and keep dodging the balls, that way you won't be out too quickly," Taehyun advised, his hands carrying a ball as he was one of the people who immediately ran to grab a ball of their own before aiming it at the opposite team.

Beomgyu gave him a firm nod before narrowly dodging a ball which aimed directly at him on the left; perhaps he could do it after all. Feeling his esteem rise a little, Beomgyu dived in for a ball, he caught it; the person who threw it on the opposite team was eliminated.

"Nice!" Taehyun said encouragingly which seemed to have made Beomgyu's confident rise even more.

Barely a few moments into the game and it was already evident that Taehyun was their star player; he had already eliminated 4 people on the opposite team. His throws were powerful and his aim was precise, making it nearly impossible to dodge a hurling ball straight at you thrown by him.

Surprisingly enough, Beomgyu and Taehyun were one of the few people left, still standing in strong. It was a tight match; the other team had more or less the same amount of players left. Constantly running towards laying balls on the ground, Beomgyu aimed them at his opponents. A ball came flying straight at him from the side without him realising-

"BEOMGYU! WATCH OUT!" Cried Taehyun. Beomgyu whirled his head around to see a ball coming straight at him towards his face, out of instinct, he closed his eyes, waiting for the impact to hit him.

But it never came, instead, he felt a body embracing his. He heard the sound of the ball ricocheting off the back of the person's head. Beomgyu turned his head slightly, enough to confirm that the person who had just taken the hit for him was none other than Taehyun.

It felt as if time has just stopped right there as Beomgyu could feel his heart racing rapidly as if a thousand butterflies were now dancing around in his stomach as he could feel his knees go weak.

"Are you alright? You aren't hurt anywhere are you?" Taehyun asked, pulling away as he inspected the boy's face. Beomgyu couldn't reply, no words were able to come out of his mouth as he could now hear his heartbeat ringing loudly in his ears.

Among the crowd of people who were ogling at the two, Yeonjun was one of them, feeling a twinge of jealousy as he watched the two from afar.

"N-no," Beomgyu finally replied.

"TIMEOUT! TEAM B WINS!" Coach Jeon announced, the other team began to erupt in cheers- everyone there except for Yeonjun, who was clenching his fists tightly as he watched Taehyun and Beomgyu leave the sports hall together.

[ A/N: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ]