61

The music room was filled with the boys' laughter and singing throughout the entire lunch as they each took turns to sing their favourite songs (momentarily forgetting that they were still in school rather than a karaoke room). After a few rounds of warming up their vocal cords, Taehyun gestured for all of them to take a seat.

"Thank you, again," he beamed, looking up to his group members, "I got one of the sign-up forms from Ms May, so I guess we should start filling it in now," he continued, waving a piece of paper in front of them before laying it down as they began to give it a read:

SEOUL'S JUNIOR SINGING COMPETITION SIGNUP FORM

Kindly pick one of the following categories:

solo
duo
group (a minimum of 4 members is required)

Name/Name of duo/Name of group: ___________

How could I forget? Taehyun thought to himself, of course, we'd need a group name. "

We need a name," he said, turning to the four as he looked up to them in hopes of some potential group names being shouted out.

"What about 'The 5'?" Hueningkai piped.

"Cringe," replied Beomgyu flatly. The brunette frowned at him.

"'Eternity in Succession'" Yeonjun spoke, earning a ripple of chuckles at how serious he looked while saying that. "What?" he retorted, the tips of his ears turning red from embarrassment.

"How about 'TXT'?" Soobin said. The others flicked their eyes towards his direction with interest.

"TXT," muttered Taehyun, the name slowly growing onto him. It was unique, he has definitely not heard such a name like that before. But it felt as if something was missing; like a diamond without its shine. "What will it stand for, though?" he asked.

"'Tomorrow by Together'?" Beomgyu suggested. "Well, it's the synonyms of what Yeonjun suggested, just that, 'Tomorrow by Together' sounding a little more catchy."

"I like it," Hueningkai said with a smile.

"Oh my god, we should have a signature pose or intro—like those kpop groups! Like, 'One Dream!'" Yeonjun curled both of his middle and ring fingers, then crisscrossing both of his index fingers, making a T X T gesture with his hands.

"That would be so cool!" Soobin agreed, attempting to mimic the gesture Yeonjun had just created, messing it up to which the latter let out a chuckle as he helped the lost boy.

"'Tomorrow by Together it is then," said Taehyun with a satisfied expression on his face as he scribbled down their group name with "TXT" beside it in brackets.

Choice of Song: __________

What kind of song will we even be performing? Taehyun thought to himself, being brought back to reality and the chances of him winning the competition remaining minuscule. He looked up to his group member's faces, each looking just as serious as the next- he needed to have faith in them.

"What if we write our own song?" Soobin said.

"We can be a band! I know how to play the keys, Soobin can play the guitar," continued Hueningkai.