29. The Mehendi.

A/n-

Yayy!!! New cover for waves from @Shadesoflove_

Thankyou so much for this beautiful piece. I love it. 🤍🤍🤍

Thankyou.

•••

Nandini

"You'll handle this? I'll go and get changed." Navya asked and I nodded. I just have to get my dupatta done after the makeup.

"Ma'am, close you eyes." The beautician said and I closed my eyes, she worked on my eye makeup as I tried to sit still. It feels weird when someone's working on your closed eyes.

After the eye makeup, I just have to apply the lipstick and set the dupatta and I'll be good to go. The makeup girl told me to open my eyes as I picked my phone checking the recent notifications from Manik.

You okay, Nandini? It was his fifth message and now he was irritating me. Even after pacifying him for staright one hour, he still felt guilty. I tried to make him understand that it wasn't his fault but that's Manik Malhotra for you— always ready to blame himself for everything.

Ask one more time and I am ditching you! I replied back. This man deserves to be threatened, not my fault.

What? I feel bad.🥺 He replied back. Yes with that emoji. Such a kid he can be.

Did you leave? I asked ignoring his feelings.

Will be there in 10. Great and he is chatting. I kept my phone away without replying and the makeup girl started applying lipstick.

It was my first surprise dance for Manik— which he had no idea of. He just thought that we have only couple dance together. As I had to dance I didn't go for high heels, just enough to not make me feel like a kid in front of Hulk Malhotra.

Clipping my heels I looked at the mirror and smiled. Satisfied with the look. Navya entered the room with my mother on her toes.

"Aww. My Princess looks gorgeous." Mumma gushed as I wrapped my hands around her. She put kala tikka behind my ear and kissed my cheeks. We heard the Car honk and my mother smiled brightly.

"My son in law's here." She said and telling me to hurry up went down to welcome the Malhotra's. The makeup girls packed their luggage and went out leaving Navya and I alone.

 The makeup girls packed their luggage and went out leaving Navya and I alone