Monthaversary

~~~Griffin's pov~~~
A little after I got that crazy soup lady off of me, things just kept going downhill. The lady had fed me all of the 'spicy tuna dragon' soup, so I was full. I decided to try to find a way out of here. Maybe if I could earn enough money on the streets I could buy a plane ticket...if Zeus wasn't still pissed about the incident of 2009. Don't ask. Maybe I could take a boat....if Poseidon wasn't still pissed about the incident of 2010. Again, don't ask. Come to think of it, the only god/goddess I hadn't pissed off was Hades... That's odd. I would've thought I would have done something that would make him hate me by now, but that doesn't matter. Maybe he can help me get out of here. Maybe.
I walked down some street I couldn't read the name of and took a left, then a right, right again, then left. I was just walking around aimlessly, thinking of what to do. I heard that Nico summoned the dead with Happy Meals once. But I think that's a son of Hades thing. I could never pull that off. Maybe if I made an offering to Hades he would help me. Oh, who am I kidding? The Lord of the dead would never help me. No one was going to help me. I was stuck here until I died. There was no way I was getting back to camp. I bet Nico and Will didn't even notice I was gone. They were probably too busy celebrating their 5th weekaversary or something. To be honest, I envied them. They had each other while I had nothing. I didn't have Angelo anymore. I didn't have many friends other than my siblings, and even they got tired of me. I was starting to get tired of it all. Just life. I didn't feel like there was a point anymore, there was no happiness. I had lost the one person who understood me, the one person I truly loved. He was my one-and-only, my true love. But he was taken from me. He was ripped from existence, the life drained out of his eyes.
Just thinking about it, I broke. Tears started streaming down my face, and I didn't try to stop them. The lump in my throat loosened, Angelo always told me that crying is meant to make you feel better. It did. I climbed a tree and hugged my knees to my chest, grieving. Mourning. Crying. Sobbing. Snot dripping from my nose. I just sat there, the seconds turning into minutes, the minutes slowly forming an hour.
I still didn't move. I just sat there, not knowing what to do. I wanted to go back to camp now, more than anything. I wanted to share the story of my boyfriend, help honor him through his shrine. But the one thing I really needed--was a chance to say goodbye.

~~~Will's pov~~~
In two days it was me and Nico's one monthaversary. Nico thought it was cheesy that we were even celebrating, but I wanted to do it anyway. I knew we should've been looking for Griffin, because I knew with certainty that he was missing, but I really wanted a special night just for me and Nico. It's not wrong to put your relationship before someone's safety, right?
I walked out of the infirmary and found Nico in the spot he'd been the last couple days at this time. We weren't exactly public yet, so people just thought we were best friends. "Hey Neeks," I greeted him with a smile. "Hey sunshine," I could see a small smile tugging at the corner of his mouth, but it faded quickly. "You're not going to plan some cliché dinner or something are you?" He asked.
There goes that plan. "Maybe I am, maybe I'm not," I smirked.
He shoved me, but not too hard, and in a sort of playful way. "Don't mess with me, sunshine," he actually laughed, just a little, "I'll do the planning. So you can't mess it up," My mission was accomplished. Secretly, I didn't want to plan it in fear of Nico not liking it. Now I knew he was going to love it. Because he planned it.
I heard the dinner bell, and we walked to the pavilion to eat. I scraped half of my food into the fire for my dad, and sat down. I saw Chiron talk to Nico for a bit, and Nico looked kind of annoyed. I wonder what that was about.

~~~Nico's pov~~~
There was a new camper coming. And Chiron wanted ME to show her around. Why me? Why did I have to show some noob around camp? Why me, of all people? Chiron said her name was Ally. He said that she had a hard life, and that maybe I would understand her, or she would understand me. Whatever that meant. I actually took quite an offense to that.
But then I saw her, and I still had no idea what Chiron had meant. She looked like she had lived the good life, had no problems at all. With her skinny jeans, bleach blonde hair, north face jacket and infinity scarf, she looked like she didn't give a care in the world. I assumed she would be an Aphrodite kid. The only thing that threw me off was the pained look on her face as she walked in. No--limped in. She limped up to me. "Are you Nico?" She asked, her voice hoarse. I wondered what had happened to make it so hoarse. "Yeah. That's me. Chiron wanted me to show you around?" She nodded slowly. I scraped the rest of my food into the fire, and walked out of the pavilion with Ally.
I showed her the infirmary, the strawberry fields, the archery range, everything. After about an hour, we stopped at the Hermes cabin. "This is where you'll stay until you're claimed." I said, knocking on the door. Travis Stoll answered. "Hey Stoll, I've got a new camper for you,"
"That's nice, but she's not my problem. Have fun, death boy." And he slammed the door in my face. What was he--I turned around and almost shadow traveled to Tokyo I was so surprised at what I saw.
The symbol of Hades, floating above Ally's head.