🐎 Chapter Thirty Eight 🐎

Start from the beginning

I had no idea what the two got into talking about after that as I was lost in my own thoughts about our previous conversation. My project at Ndoto would be complete within the next few months and I had no clue what would happen after that. James and I had joked about getting married one day but it was one thing to joke about it and another to actually get married. I loved James and wanted to spend the rest of my life with him but he had to call the shots. This was an important decision and I had to leave it up to him to make the right choice at his own time. I would not pressure him as I had the other times, this was all on him.

After we were done getting pampered Amani lamented that she was hungry so Marini texted the guys to meet us at the food court by the mall for lunch. The guys were already there when we arrived. I took a seat next to James kissing his cheek.

"I love the fresh cut and trim. You look beautiful."James complimented kissing my temple.

"Thanks babe. How was your time with the guys?"I asked.

"Fruitful. They helped me look for something."He replied vaguely.

"Did you find it?"

"Yes."

"Are you going to tell me what it is?"I inquired.

"Maybe, maybe not."He grinned.

Before I could insist a serving tray full of drumsticks was placed on the table diverting my attention to the food. I would grill James later, after I had my filling with the delicious meat.

"James how many herds of cattle do you have?"Amani asked amidst all the conversation going around the table.

"About three hundred give or take, why?"James answered.

"Just wanted to see if you can afford Lulu's bride price. I'm definitely not worried there, you're loaded."Amani exclaimed.

"I'm not loaded, that is actually not a lot given when I come from and besides they are not worth that much at the moment."James explained.

"That's too bad. Marini can we get a cow for the mansion?"Amani asked turning to face our big sister.

"No because you'll not be there to actually take care of the said cow."Marini denied.

Amani turned her attention to Isaac.

"Can't help you chubby so drop the puppy eyes."Isaac said making Amani pout and sulk in her seat.

"James maybe I can help you out with the selling of your cattle if you're interested. I know someone at the Kenya Meat Commission and can get you a good deal."Marini offered.

"Really? That would be great, I'd really appreciate that."James replied with a smile.

I knew for a fact that Marini really would help James out and probably extend it to his fellow villagers who wanted to reduce their herds and get good money from it. I really had the best and most supportive sisters.

"I want ice cream for dessert."Amani declared as soon as we were done eating.

"They don't serve ice cream here."Jeremy countered.

"I know but they do next door."Amani argued.

"So you want a group of six adults to go next door and sit down for ice cream?"Marini asked.

"Yes."

"We can have ice cream at home."I reasoned.

"Nope we're having it next door. Now get up, last one there pays."Amani decreed getting up as she pulled Jeremy with her.