🦥 Chapter Twenty Two 🦥

JAMES' POV

I opened my fridge and grabbed another can of beer. I didn't want to get drunk but it had been a long day working at the valley and I needed to wind down. I was still dressed in my dusty coveralls but made no move to go change. I took a seat in one of the stools in the kitchen, popped the can and took a long swig. I belched and the sound echoed within the house. It reflected just how empty my house was. That thought brought me back to Lulu and how she had managed to fill my life since I met her. I wanted to make her a part and parcel of my life because she completed me but it was a little harder than I thought.

I had been driving myself crazy thinking about how I was going to make things official with Lulu. She had said that I had to make the first move but anytime I tried to do it, I always chickened out. It had been a whole month since the ceremony at the school and we were still sneaking around. It's not that I didn't enjoy all the stolen kisses and the subtle hugs that lasted longer than they should have but I wanted to claim her. I wanted to proudly call her mine without having to hide it.

I heard the rumble of an engine outside my house and my ears perked up. I heard the car door open and shut and I waited for a knock but instead whoever it was let themselves in.

"Jamie."Lulu yelled from the front door and I smiled to myself.

If she had gotten comfortable enough to come and go into my house as she pleased then why couldn't I be courageous enough to make her mine.

"In the kitchen."I replied and a few minutes later she came strutting in with a smile on her face.

She looked cute dressed in a black tube top underneath a gray dungaree dress that reached her knees and white sneakers.

"I thought we said no to that name."I complained even though deep down I liked it.

Nobody had ever called me that before.

"You said no, I said yes and we both know I always win."She smirked.

I was about to reply when she cut me off with a kiss. I did not complain, just did what was natural and looped my arms around her waist pulling her to me. I loved kissing her, her lips were always so soft, it was hard not to get addicted. I had also become more and more open with her and found it easier to initiate kisses even though mostly she was the one who kissed me first.

She tugged at my dreads making me groan into the kiss and open my mouth. The kiss got even more heated and before I realized I'd lifted her up onto the counter top and we had a mini make out session with me standing between her parted legs.

I'd had so many cold showers ever since I met her because I refused to jerk off. It felt somehow disrespectful and even though the hard ons were painful, they were so worth it. When we pulled away but our lips were bruised and it took a few seconds to catch our breath.

"Hello to you too Jamie."She said smirking making me chuckle and pull her into a brief hug.

She always smelled so good, I always had to take a whiff of her scent.

"How was your day?"I asked stepping away from her, as I resumed my seat back on the stool.

"Tiring but productive. I just finished planting the tomato seedlings today."She informed me.

I always loved listening to her talk about her work. She was so passionate about it and she was good at what she did. She asked about my day and the conversation just flowed until my stomach growled interrupting us. Lulu just chuckled before jumping off the counter and walking towards the fridge. I grimaced when I realized what she would find in there. She opened the door and scowled when she saw that it was empty apart from.