🐓 Chapter Thirty 🐓

LULU'S POV

Waking up every morning to the sound of birds on my window and the quiet of my cabin had been one of my favorite things. Waking up sore, with a pounding headache, a sore throat and in an unfamiliar room was not something I had been expecting. I sat up on the bed that was definitely bigger than mine clutching my head in my hands hoping it'd stop pounding. On closer inspection I recognized the room I was in as James'. I'd been in there once before when I had to change my outfit for our group hangout a few months back. What was I doing in his room dressed in his clothes? A headache meant a hangover. Had I gotten drunk and slept with him. James wouldn't do that to me but it didn't mean I wasn't skeptical about my current location and state of undress.

I got out of bed and found my way into his bathroom. One look in the mirror and all the events that had happened to me came flooding back. The swerving off the road, the shooting, me calling James and him arriving to save me. I clutched my head in my hand and willed the tears not to fall. I had done enough crying and now it was time to sober up and figure out what happened to me. I brushed my teeth with James toothbrush since there was no extra, I know, germs, but for me it was better than the morning breath I was harboring. I washed my face and did my business foregoing the shower since I didn't have anything to change into.

I left his room and found my way to the kitchen where all the noise was coming from. When I woke up the spot next to me had been slept on meaning James had slept in the bed with me. I was not angry, glad was more of a better word since I remember snippets of me clinging to him like a monkey while dealing with my nightmares.

I found James busy making breakfast dressed in sweatpants and a white t-shirt. I stalked towards him, wrapped my hands around his torso hands buried under his t-shirt so I could feel the outline of his abs on my fingers.

"Good morning baby."His husky morning voice greeted and I relaxed feeling the safety of being with him wash over me.

"Good morning. What's for breakfast?"I asked knowing I needed to let him go but my hands weren't co-operating so I just clung to him.

"Let me rephrase that. Are you on the breakfast menu coz I'd like to eat you up?"I teased and he burst out laughing.

"Only you will a such a joke the morning after an attempt was made to end your life."He replied and I huffed reminded of the previous day's events.

"Did you have to bring that up? Your abs were proving to be a great distraction."I all but moaned willing my hands not to go lower, neither of us were ready for that.

James turned around and put his hands on my waist hoisting me up as he placed me on the counter top. I hissed when the cold tile met my bare thighs but James hands on my hips warmed me up pretty fast.

"I'm sorry. How are you doing with all of that?"He asked looking very concerned.

"I want breakfast and a good morning kiss before you start questioning me."I playfully demanded.

James smirked before leaning in and pecking my lips.

"What was that? Do better."I demanded and he laughed.

He was taking too long so I looped my hands around his neck and pulled him down to meet my lips in a kiss that woke every nerve ending in my body.

"Now that's how you kiss your woman good morning."I breathed a few minutes later laying my head on his shoulder to catch my breath.

"Good morning indeed."James replied as he pulled away to finish making the toast he had been working on before I interrupted him.

I got off the counter and opened the fridge to get some juice. It was actually full for once instead of just having beer. I found two glasses in a cabinet and poured a healthy amount for each one of us. I grabbed some plates too and started serving us a good helping of everything James had made for a healthy breakfast. There was eggs, bacon, toast, fruit and a bun for each of us.