🦢 Chapter Twenty Six 🦢

JAMES' POV

I woke up Sunday morning at eleven am expecting myself to have a massive headache. It actually wasn't that bad just a dull pain at my temples. The glass on my bedside table reminded me why I felt better than I should have after I'd drunk a little too much the previous night. I was not expecting Lulu's call and least of all to hear her a crying mess. Her cries has sobered me up pretty quick and I'd been able to talk her down. Hearing Lulu cry broke my heart but I was also happy that at her most vulnerable she had turned to me. I hoped she had held up her end of the deal too and given her sister the space she needed to tell her side of try story.

After we were done talking I'd done exactly as she had asked and drunk lots of water as I took my staggering self to bed. I should have been embarrassed that I'd made a fool out of myself talking to Lulu but drunk me had propelled our relationship so many steps forward I was actually grateful to myself for getting drunk.

After I woke up, I took a shower and realized I was late for church so I used the free hours that I had to clean up around the house. I didn't spend much time at my house but I still had messes that needed managing. I was also working on completing my five bedroom bungalow because at the back of my mind I knew that sooner or later Lulu would move in with me. She was my girlfriend already and after that she'd graduate to fiancee and then wife. I'd found a good one and I wasn't going to let her go. My mom had also threatened to castrate me if I ruined things with Lulu, not that I'd be stupid enough to but I was quite attached to my manhood so I'd do everything possible to keep her.

She had texted me to inform me that she'd be arriving later that afternoon and even though she didn't ask I had plans to go visit her. I hadn't seen her in almost two weeks and I really missed her. I missed the way her beautiful scent always made me heady and how her kisses drove me to my knees.

By the time I was done doing all the chores that needed doing around the house it was four in the afternoon. I hadn't eaten but I was sure that Lulu had already arrived and she was more important than my hunger. I took another shower, got dressed in a pair of black skinny jeans with rips at the knees, a grey sweater with a blue denim jacket over it and a blue sneakers. I grabbed my wallet, keys and soon enough was on the road leading to the resort. Lulu hadn't texted to tell me that she had arrived but the unmistakable noise of a helicopter blades had been enough evidence that she did. Many people in our village had never seen a helicopter until Lulu had arrived. I'd seen one but I'd never been on one but something told me that dating Lulu would lead me to experience a lot of new stuff and I was looking forward to each moment.

When I got to her cabin dusk was approaching fast since it was late in the evening. I knocked on her cabin door but there was no answer. I tried a few more times and I almost thought I had the wrong cabin but how could I be mistaken when I'd been to that door so many times before. Maybe she wasn't in there and had left immediately she had arrived? But she would have called me if she had because I'd told her I'd come by.

"James?"A voice called out to me distracting me from my thoughts of deciding whether to leave or keep knocking.

I turned around and faced a familiar face.

"Hi Saldona."I greeted feeling embarrassed to be caught in such a situation.

Saldona and I grew up together and went to the same school. It was a small community so everyone knew everyone.

"Hello. Can I help you with anything? You look stranded."She observed and I chuckled nervously.

"Yeah sorry but I was supposed to meet Lulu this evening but she's not answering the door."

"Oh well that explains it. She looked pretty tired when she arrived. She must have taken a nap and can't hear you."Saldona added and I groaned rubbing my hand over my face in frustration.