🦡 Chapter Nineteen 🦡

LULU'S POV

When I got back to my cabin Saturday afternoon after spending all morning doing inventory I felt like dropping dead on my feet. My muscles were tired and cramped up plus my legs felt swollen even though they looked normal. A massage sounded nice but Saldona had informed me that the massage parlor was booked to the max. A van of tourists had arrived the previous night and booked everything.

I stripped off all my clothes hoping a shower would help since I didn't have the option of a bathtub. Before I could turn on the shower I remembered that I had a Jacuzzi in my patio that I hadn't used in months. I squealed in excitement as I grabbed a towel and a bathrobe and walked back into the bedroom. I changed into a simple two piece light grey bikini and skipped to the backyard. I uncovered the Jacuzzi and turned on the jets. It was cleaned regularly even though I barely used it.

I decided to grab a bottle of wine, a glass and some grapes to help me unwind better. Feeling ready for a relaxing afternoon ahead, I walked back to the patio and descended the steps submerging myself halfway. I set everything up, poured myself a full glass of wine and settled down relaxing into the water. The jets massaged all my muscles and I resisted the urge to moan. I decided to relax before James showed up. He'd texted me earlier in the morning to confirm that he was still coming.

I was looking forward to seeing him. We had spent so little time together since Liams accident and I missed him. We had been so busy, it was hard to take a break to see each other. It was a wonder how five months since we met and we still hadn't moved past the friendship zone yet it was clear we were both interested in each other romantically.

I hadn't come to Ndoto to find a husband or get hitched but I had found him without even looking but lady fate was being cruel to us. My work was progressing on well. I had achieved so much in those five months but James and I were still at square one and that was frustrating.

Getting agitated I downed the glass in hand and refilled it. My phone rang besides my head and I wiped my hand on a towel before picking it up. It was my baby sister Amani.

"Hey, chubby. It's been a while. How are you?"I greeted cheerfully happy to hear from my sister.

"Don't call me that and I'm good. I miss you."She whined in her baby voice making me smile.

"I miss you more."

"I have some news, I don't know how you're going to take it but please play nice."She started and I sat straighter bracing myself for whatever she was going to tell me.

The last time she said she had some news she told me about Marini getting attacked. We'd already sorted that out and I really hoped it wasn't more bad news.

"What kind of news?"I sized skeptically.

"The good kind depending on how you react to it."She responded.

"Out with it Amani."I demanded getting impatient.

"Okay fine. So Marini and Isaac are dating."She rushed out and I relaxed into the tub.

"Really just that? I was really worried there for a minute."

"That's you're reaction? Aren't you shocked or surprised. It's Mar we're talking about. The queen of never-get-married-land."She exclaimed and I chuckled.

"I shipped them ages ago. It was just a matter of time before Marini fell for him considering he was smitten with her ever since she hired him."I explained and Amani huffed.

"Fine but you just took the fun out of me giving you the news."

"I'm sorry siz. How about you tell me about what you and Jeremy have been upto?"I asked and settled down listening to her rant out about all the exciting things she had been doing with her best friend.