ARC BEGINNING:CH-6

Start from the beginning

The woman looked at him. "Feel free to think what ever you want. It won't change the fact that you have my blood flowing within you. I was disgusted when I knew I had you, the son of a mere slave residing in my belly. I tried to get rid of you so many times but was unable to do so. So I ordered to let you be left in the wild to perish. And I wholeheartedly believed that until now." She narrowed her eyes at him.
"Never thought you were blessed with our pure gift. What a waste."

Ivar felt her contempt against him but it did not make him feel an ounce of sadness. The five teenagers standing next to her had the same look of disgust and hatred in their eyes as they looked at him like a dirt.

"Consider this as a blessing. You will serve my children as their protector when they grow up. But heed my words, never cross the line you are supposed to cross, as an offspring of a servant of the Roselia household, your position lies beneath us, born with the purpose to kill for us at our command." The woman once again spoke before dismissing him.

Ivar didn't gave damn about her words. He did not feel anything even as he felt the people of the household discriminate against him. The teenagers came to his room everyday, making many scenes and instances of trying to bully and abuse him. But on the fifth day one of the boy was beaten badly and had his head smashed against the wall by Ivar which left him bleeding for a few hours before being treated with magic. Still, this did not stop them from making trouble for Ivar. And of course Ivar was punished with five hundred strokes of beatings as punishment. But Ivar felt no pain even when he was hit till his back was bleeding heavily. He did not regret beating up the boy who tried to sully his family's name, the one who raised him and loved him. As days went by he became numb to the hatred filled gazes aimed at him and to the countless starving instances that kept him awake all night. His body unconsciously adjusted to his empty mindset. And the wounds that were not supposed to heal for atleast a year disappeared without a trace, as if the wounds from that punishment were never there. The magic in him manifested without his knowledge until it brough him an excuse to leave the filthy grand house of the Duke of Roselia.

It was during the sixth year of his stay in this dumpster palace of the Duke he felt the mana flowing inside him grow stronger. The magic energy circulating within him shook vigorously as it shoot up a ray of crimson red colour up in the blue sky. The magic light emitted a divine smell, a factor that attracted the attention of many mages and magicians.

"A new king of destrcution has been born!"

"A holy fallen angel has ascended from his sleep."

The Roselia household was thrown in a fit of rage regarding this news. Ross, the head Duke of the household couldn't believe it. She didn't understand why a child that was a mix of her blood and a mere slave had been blessed by such divine magic, and not her own pure blooded children. Why? She had long started to have thoughts of killing him off but now it had become impossible for her to kill him.
And not long after this another event occured. The Mage guild of the prospering AKHART empire sent a special invitation for Ivar, requesting his summon as well as posting into its academy as one of its special students.
Ross gritted her teeth in frustration but could do nothing. And just like that Ivar was freed from that dumpster called the Roselia household.

When he joined the academy the mocking gazes filled with contempt continued to follow him but he ignored them like always. Apart from that he faced no major discrimination directed at him from the institute's side. Not even the students who hated him had the courage to make trouble for him. Ivar continued to remain at the academy. He wanted to hunt demons and for that to happen he had to graduate and earn a license. So he remained as a student there and spent his entire time either in the library or in the training arena. Six months went by.