"I'll let you know if I find anything," she told me, hugging me. "I'm sorry we didn't believe you about Stiles earlier."

"That doesn't matter now. You guys are helping, and that's what matters," I told her.

♧♤♢♡

When I got home I sat at the kitchen table with Iris and Charlotte and began to recap the day for them. It was our new rule for if I was going to be going out on my own without them each day.

They wanted to help but they both had jobs, and no matter how that may have seen less important, we still needed an income or we'd lose the house.

"Wait a second, so you finally managed to get rid of the guy who buried you alive, and then this kid went and brought him back?" Charlotte asked with wide eyes."

"In simple terms, yeah," I sighed.

Iris' brows furrowed as she crossed her arms on the table. "I think I've been here long enough to be able to tell you that that sounds like a horrible idea."

"I know that it sounds that way, but Liam is convinced that Theo can help us find Stiles," I explained. "And even though I hate Theo, right now, if he can help us, I'm happy to put up with him."

"You shouldn't have to put up with him," Charlotte insisted, her features softening as she looked at me. She was worried that I was going to end up in a box again - part of me worried about that sometimes, too.

But my main priority right now was getting Stiles back and sending the Ghos Riders away. I knew the risks, it was the same as every other day for us.

Iris reached over and placed her hand on top of Charlotte's, trying to steady her. "Didn't you say there might be another idea? Malia left?"

I nodded, pursing my lips as I hesitated. "She went to go and see Peter."

Charlotte's eyes widened, "Peter. . . Peter Hale? Your father?"
When I didn't answer, she slipped her hand free of Iris and stood up from the table, running her hands through her hair.
"This just keeps getting better and better," she mumbled to herself.

"Char, you know I'm not going to do anything to put myself in deliberate danger," I tried to reassure her.

It didn't work, though, considering she immediately laughed sadly. "I know you, Ri. If it meant saving your friends, you would do it in a heartbeat. So, don't lie to me."

"I'm sorry," I said sincerely. "But then you also know that I can't just dismiss Theo and Peter if there's a chance they can genuinely help save not just Stiles, but Beacon Hills."

"What do you mean? What's going to happen to Beacon Hills?" Iris asked.

"We went to a town called Canaan. The Ghost Riders were there almost thirty years ago, and they took the whole town. Well, all except one; the Banshee."

"Lydia," Charlotte deduced.

I couldn't help but notice how fast she'd caught on and became comfortable with the supernatural. I was glad, it made me less nervous about not being here with her constantly.

Plus, now she had Iris to look after her as well. I watched as the woman went over to my sister, putting a hand on her shoulders and talking softly to her.

My heart ached as I watched them. I had a relationship like this, I know I did. That part of me that remembered was eating away at me, creating a void and making me feel incomplete.

A knock at the door threw me, making me jumps slightly. I cleared my throat as I stood up. "I'm going to see who that is."

After everything that I had just told them, Charlotte was hesitant, probably wanting to talk more, but nodded either way. Charlotte and Iris went into the living room as I went to the front door, opening it to find Lydia on the other side.