Slowly I opened my eyes, and excitement pulsed through me. I did it! In my hands, a brightly glowing sphere floated happily. It felt perfect too.

"Good job Elizabeth! Now try to manipulate the ball however you want," Lilith encouraged.

I bit my tongue in concentration as I gently and slowly pulled at the light. It felt easier than yesterday. Finally, I was able to copy what Lilith did. I formed two long glowing strands of light. I looked over to Lilith, her brows raised in surprise. I twirled in excitement at my success. Unfortunately, I failed to pay attention to where my magic was touching- one of the strands caught Lilith in the leg. She gasped in pain and fell out of the chair.

"Oh my God! Lilith!" I rushed over to her, my magic dissipating behind me. I mindfully lifted a part of her dress. There was an angry bleeding cut along her calf.

"Lilith, I'm so sorry! I- I didn't mean... I wasn't paying attention... I'm sorry!" The words fumbled out of my mouth. She didn't seem to be too phased by it and instead shook her head.

"It's fine, hun. Do you know how often I got hurt while training Isaac?" She snorted. "Let's try another spell, shall we? This one is a little more complicated. In the top drawer of my desk, there's a box with many herbs in it. Grab the one with the purple flowers."

I hurried over to her desk piled with papers and books. I opened the top drawer and found the herb. Lilith had managed to grab a cloth that she used to wipe up as much blood as possible. I paled. I didn't do well with blood. Oh god. What have I done? I knelt next to her and handed her the herb.

She shook her head. "No, you need to learn. Crush the plant between your hands and say 'Ut per vulnus sanandum,' then hold your hands up to the wound and picture the skin knitting itself."

That sounds familiar... Without another thought, I followed her instructions. The herb easily crumbled as I rubbed my hands together; it seemed to stick to me. "Ut per vulnus sanandum." My hands glowed faintly- a good sign- so I carefully pressed them against her leg. In my mind's eye, I pictured her wound closing and the skin healing so that no scar would surface. I felt the magic working, and I glanced up at Lilith. Her brows were furrowed in confusion as she stared at my tattoo, as if in a trance.

"Are you okay, Lilith? Am I doing it right?" I asked. After a moment more, she shook her head and looked down at my hands.

"Yes, dear. I'm sorry. It seems my mind has been all over the place today." She removed my hands and smiled. "Look at that... you did it."

I looked at her leg. The wound was gone, and so was the blood. She got up slowly and brushed off the dust off her dress. " I think that'll be all for today, I have a few things I must do. We'll pick this up again tomorrow and maybe move on to a couple potions, alright?" She helped me up and nudged me towards the door.

"Okay... I'll see you at dinner?" But Lilith was already hunched over her desk, seemingly in deep concentration. I sighed and exited the room. I wonder what's going on with her. Why didn't she ask about the tattoo? She obviously noticed it.

Back in my room, I paced in front of the trunk. I was itching to just pry it open, but I wasn't sure how to react to what could be inside. Oh, fine, I'll do it! I took a deep breath and quickly opened the box.

It was a pink one-piece swimsuit. We're going swimming! I placed it on the bed next to the lilac dress Ember had left out for me. While eagerly getting dressed, I noticed a slight pain on my wrist. I stared at the bracelet Lilith had given me; the skin under it was red and sore. Huh... Maybe it was broken.

After I got dressed, I looked at the time. I had gotten out of training early. I walked over to the bell and called Ember. After a few moments, she came into my room with a broad smile on her face.