𝟷𝟺: 𝚆𝙷𝙰𝚃'𝚂 𝚆𝚁𝙾𝙽𝙶 𝚆𝙸𝚃𝙷 𝙼𝙴?

what's wrong with me?

-HUGE TIME JUMP-

With these summer months, i've spent more and more time out of my house. I was either skating at the rink, working at Hans' hockey shop, or at Connie's. Anywhere but at my house.

My mom had been seeing someone, it had all happened really quick and now they're engaged. He makes my mom happy but Charlie and I can't stand him. When mom came to us and asked us what we thought of him we had just said he's great mom! We knew if he made her happy then we would just suck it up.

Ricky wasn't necessarily a bad guy, he just bothered me and charlie so much. He spends a lot of the time at the apartment, hence why i am never there; he acts like a know it all, literally always trying to what up 12 year olds; and he tells me and charlie to do things and orders us around, i'm sorry sir but you're not my father and not even close to a father figure.

Or maybe it's that fact that he's not Bombay.

"Hey Hans!" i say walking into the his hockey shop.

"Ahh kendall! Back already! Couldn't stand being at the house i assume?" I nod my head, "Yep, Ricky told me the dishes in the sink needed to be cleaned so i did it and left before he could think of something else for me to do or before i blew up at him." Hans nodded his head in understanding.

I had become much closer with Hans. He was like a sweet old grandpa to me and i trusted him with my life. He was always there for me even if i just needed to rant, if i just needed a hug, or even if i was just bored. Either way Hans knew how much Ricky bothered me and always let me help him in the shop if i needed to get away.

"Okay well you can load the shelves and work the register if someone needs to check out," he offers me. "Sweet thanks Hans," i smile sweetly at him as i get to work.

I unload pucks, hockey pads, and sticks to there rightful places. As i work,  i hear the ring of the bell, signaling that someone had come in. I don't pay any mind to it as i continue unloading the equipment.

"Excuse me miss?" i turn to see a boy about my age. He is very attractive, he has mesmerizing blue eyes and gorgeous brown hair. I snap out of my daze to speak, "hello! how can i help you?"

"hi um, i'm looking for hockey skates and i honestly have no idea what to look for when buying skates. I'm a newbie at this, it just looks fun and i wanted to give it a shot." he chuckles nervously.

"That's awesome that you want to learn! I play hockey myself and it is very fun. Okay i can help pick out the perfect skates for you."

"Yeah, yeah that would be great," he responds shyly. Dang he's cute but extremely shy.

"Awesome! Come with me!" he follows me over to where the skates are and sits on the bench as i browse for a good pair. "What size shoe are you?"

"8"

"Okay we'll go with a 8 and half." he furrows his eyebrows in confusion. "You will be wearing thick socks so it's better to go up a little to fit comfortably," i explain.

"Oh okay, i trust you" i give a little laugh, "try these" i say while handing him a pair of skates.

"How do they feel?"

"Pretty good, looks like you got a perfect match on the first try." he chuckles a bit.

"I am just that good!"

He laughs more as he takes off the skates, "you're cute and funny," he says gaining a bit of confidence. "What's your name?" he continues.

"Kendall," i say while smiling at him, "yours?"

"Ben"

"Nice to meet you Ben,"

"Likewise"

We head over to the register so he can pay for his skates.

"Since your so good at hockey, could you teach me how to play?"

I laugh, "how do you know i am good at hockey?" he points to something behind me. I turn around to see the picture of me and my team a couple days after we won the championship, holding our trophy. I remember that day... we wanted to take the picture later so we could have Adam in it.

As i look at the picture i see Adam's smiling face. I hated to admit it but i missed Adam. Him and his family had gone to Europe for the summer and i had no idea when he would be back. I turn back to Ben and put on a fake smile.

"Oh, you've noticed the championship picture," i say while laughing a bit. "So how about it?" he asks again. At first i thought he was shy but it turns out he's just another flirt.

"You know i'm really busy between this job and my brother charlie is very needy and i am with him a lot of the time, it's really hard to find the time to do anything." I lied, this job was literally an escape from my house and Charlie had spent most of his time with either Guy or Averman. Just something didn't settle in my stomach right with him.

"Well if you ever need someone to hang out with, give me a call." he says as he winks at me, hands me a piece of paper, and struts out of the store.

I sigh a breath of relief that he's gone and i didn't even noticed an entry of another person.

"What was that all about?" i heard someone snort. I turn around to see the blue eyes i've missed so much, "Adam!" i yell as i run over and tackle him into a hug. He laughs, "Hi Kendall."

Adam had grown a lot taller and his blonde hair had grown a bit longer. Heat rose up to my cheeks just by looking at him. My voice getting caught in my throat as I leant back from him, embarrassedly.

"But seriously what was that?" he continued to ask, motioning to the door and drawing me from my trance.

"Oh, uh. What me talking to that customer?" he nods his head.

"He was just being a flirt, even asked me if i'd show him how to play hockey," i chuckle as his face remains like a stone.

"You good Adam?" i ask concerned.

"Uh Yeah, i just wanted to come say hi and since you weren't at your apartment the next best place was here." He smiled, sticking his hands into his pocket.

"Do you have some where to be?"

"I was going to go see the boys," he replied, sporting a tight lipped smile.

"That's a good idea they've missed you like crazy, it's a bit concerning actually." i heard the laugh i missed dearly, butterflies dancing around in my stomach.

"Well you're going to tell have to me about Europe another day. And you can't spare any details. I'm living my trip to Europe through you!"

"i'll take you one day," he says while smirking, "i'll see you later kens."

My heart beat out of my chest as he walked away, "bye Adam." 

I stood there red in the face. "I'm holding you to that trip banksie," i whisper while the smile never left my face.

What the hell was happening to me?

♡♥︎♡♥︎♡♥︎♡♥︎♡♥︎♡♥︎♡♥︎♡♥︎♡

A/N- Two chapter in one day! I'm on fire lol! I hope you guys have a great day! I hope you enjoyed this chapter! More chapters coming soon!