𝟼: 𝙰𝙿𝙾𝙻𝙾𝙶𝙸𝙴𝚂

apologies

"What are you doing here," i ask as soon as i see my jackhole coach in my house.

"I came to apologize, could we please just talk alone" he says as he looks towards my mom. Me and charlie nod to our mom, she leaves hesitantly.

We sat down at our couch as Bombay began to talk, "I've been an idiot, and i'm....i'm..." he struggled to get the words out. I hear my mom yell from the kitchen, "you're sorry!" Which finally makes my coach say "i'm sorry okay! But really i am sorry and i would like if we could start over and our team could start over. And if you gave me a second chance i would try to be the best coach you guys could have."

I was honestly shocked with what he had to say and i was grateful for his apology but i didn't know if i could forgive him quite yet.

Obviously Charlie had other ideas as he blurts out "do you want to stay for dinner?" My eyes widen as i heard my mom run to the living room "Charlie!" but then she looks a Bombay and gives in "would you like to stay for dinner?" she asks. And he does he stays for dinner.

Great.

I stayed quiet throughout dinner and went straight to bed once it was finished.

I laid in bed waiting for sleep to over take me, but it didn't come. Instead i was up with the thoughts of if i should forgive my coach. Does fulton really have a crush on me. When will connie and guy get together. When will those filthy hawks just take a hint and leave me alone. And the one i hated to admit the most... why did my dad leave.

Don't get me wrong i wouldn't trade the family i have now for anything. But while Charlie looks like my mom i look like my dad.

Most people don't believe Charlie and i are twins. While charlie has blue eyes like my mother and light brown hair. I had dark brown eyes and dark brown hair.... just like my father. It was a constant reminder that i had someone in my life who didn't care about me and completely walked out. Any of the reminders that showed that he was once there remained on my face.

I tried not to think about it too often but when i did, it made me sad. Even though my thoughts were running ragged i eventually drifted off into a dreamless sleep.

♡♥︎♡♥︎♡♥︎♡♥︎♡♥︎♡♥︎♡♥︎♡♥︎♡

"He really said all that" connie asked shocked after i had explained the events of last night. We had been walking our way to this hockey store coach had wanted us to meet at.

"Yep, trust me i was shocked too," i reply with a small laugh.

"Well good because i wasn't going to play hockey without you so thank goodness your back." my brunette best friend says with a big smile on her face.

"Have you talked to the rest of the team yet?" she asked me knowingly.

"No"

"Kens, we need you. Your like the backbone of the team. Everyone trusts you and it's hard to be a team and when our backbone isn't there."

"Well it's hard to trust them after they can't even defend their own friend, their own teammate. Because if it were me i would get myself bloodied up for any one of you!"