𝟷𝟻: 𝙹𝙸𝙽𝚇! 𝚈𝙾𝚄 𝙾𝚆𝙴 𝙼𝙴 𝙰 𝚂𝙾𝙳𝙰

jinx! you owe me a soda

Summer had gone by too quickly. I'd spent most of it either working at the shop or hanging out with Connie. Ben had came by the shop many times with new hockey questions and kept asking me to teach him to play, and every single time i replied with a "too busy!"

"Bye Hans! I'll see you later!" i yell as i exit the store.
"Have a good first day at school tomorrow Kendall!"

"Thanks Hans!"

I walk outside to be met with the beautiful face of my bestie, "Hey cons, you ready?"

"Yes ma'am!" she replies. We make our way to the diner for some last day of summer milkshakes. This was an annual thing for my team. Every last day of summer we would all get our favorite milkshakes and would just hang out and talk one last time before school.

"Hello my favorite people in the world!" i say as i walk into the diner. "Hey Kendall" they all said happily while sipping on their milkshakes.

I take a seat between Charlie and Connie and across from Adam. I order my milkshake and smile back happily at my team.

"How was work?" charlie asked turning his attention to me. "Better than being at home." He nods his head in agreement. "Yeah, Ricky called me out of my room just so i could get him the remote on the counter." I roll my eyes at what charlie had told me, Ricky was the laziest person i know. He needs to get off my couch immediately, that's where i watch my Daniel Larusso.

I turn my attention back to my team as i exclaim, "did you see that coach made the Minnesota Waves!"

"What! That's crazy!" they all reply excitedly. "I know right! Kendall and I were just on the couch watching some hockey and it showed him as the new addition to the team!"

"That's awesome!"

I was busy sipping on my milkshake as different conversations were happening around me. I felt someone watching me intently but kept my focus on my milkshake.

I then felt someone kick my leg. I look up as my eyebrows furrow in anger, to see the innocent smile of Adam Banks.

"You know if you wanted to get my attention you could've just said my name. Not kick me on the leg!"

"Where's the fun in that?" I roll my eyes at his annoying self.

"You're right that's not fun... Banks," i say just to get him frustrated. His face contorts into a disgusted expression as i began to laugh hysterically.

He kicks me again, "ouch!" I kick him back even harder. Soon enough we're in a full on kicking war under the table. Everyone looks at us because the table began to shake. "Alright enough!" connie shouts, "you two are children," she says while rolling her eyes.

"Thank you," Adam and I say at the same time. "Jinx! You can't talk until you buy me a soda!" Adam says a bit sooner than i do.

"Exactly my point," connie says putting her head into her hands.

I shut mouth now not being able to talk and being the stubborn person i am i would not buy him a soda.

"Where's my soda?" he questions. I just shrug my shoulders in response as i look him dead in the eyes.

"Has anyone seen where Kendall has gone, i haven't HEARD from her in a while," he says while laughing uncontrollably.

I act as a mime as i fish up my middle finger up and point it at him. He made an offended gasp as he put his hand over his heart, "rude!"

I had been sitting there silently, listening to others conversations. Even if i couldn't talk i had a huge smile on my face as i watched the joy on my teammates... my friends faces.

"Kendall! So crazy to see you here!" i hear the obnoxious voice of Ben say as he walks over to the table. I immediately roll my eyes, bothered by his presence.

"How have you been?" he asks, acting like i literally didn't just see him this afternoon. I smile and stick my thumbs up.

"So this must be the infamous Ducks!" he continues while looking around at my team. "I'm Ben! Kendall's new buddy but hopefully more in the future, right kens?" My eyes widen, who does this boy think he is. I can't put anything nicely since i can't talk so i just sit there and smile.

Adam gives a death stare at Ben and it makes me laugh, he obviously bothers Adam too.

"Alright well i best be on my way! It was nice meeting you guys. And kendall, call ya later!" he says with a smirk and winks at me as he exits the diner.

Adam still has a look of pure hatred on his face, maybe even jealousy, i can't really tell. "Anything you would like to say Kendall?" Charlie asks me suspiciously. My team nods there heads in agreement, being just as confused.

I just shrug as i lay my head on Connie's shoulder. "Guys she obviously doesn't like him, she just couldn't talk because of the stupid jinx," Connie explains for me. I nod my head to prove that statement to be true.

"It didn't look like she doesn't like him," i hear Adam mutter under his breath as his glare stays on the door Ben walked out of. I roll my eyes in annoyance as i thought, let him think whatever he wants to think, it doesn't matter much to him anyway.

My team shrugged it off and went back to their normal conversations. I mouthed an 'i love you' to Connie as she just having a reassuring wink, "i've always got your back."

We pay for our milkshakes as we begin to make our way outside. As everyone walks out, i hang back a bit. I go to the counter where my moms working and point to the coke soda on the menu, "you want a coke?" she asks me, i nod my head in response.

She gives me a Coke and i give her a kiss on the cheek as i bolt outside to join my team. I stand beside Adam and pour the Coke all of over his head, "Their you jerk, your soda," a smirk pulls at my face as my team busts out into laughter.

As the soda runs down his face and onto his lips he replies a simple, "delicious." I soon join into the laughter as we all begin to walk in one big group to the unfrozen lake.

Me and Connie sat there happily, enjoying the rays from the sun as the boys played a bit of football. I watch as they laugh, tackle each other, and overall just mess around.

My eyes avert over to one smile in particular.

The smile of Adam Banks.

               ♡♥︎♡♥︎♡♥︎♡♥︎♡♥︎♡♥︎♡♥︎♡♥︎♡

A/N- That was the last chapter of this book! Again there will be a sequel for D2 but i have yet to come up with a name. I will let you know on this story as soon as i get the name of the book and 1st chapter out. Thank you so much for all those who read through the entire book, i am extremely grateful. I really do hope you enjoyed this book. Big things coming in book 2! Much love to you all!

shout out to my friend who is writing an amazing book! If you like harry potter than you should go check it out!

@nikolailantslovswifey her book is called The Marauders Queen, it's a good one!

𝔫𝔬𝔱𝔥𝔦𝔫𝔤 𝔟𝔲𝔱  𝔭𝔲𝔠𝔨 ⇢ ADAM BANKS (1)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें