𝟸: 𝙻𝙸𝙼𝙾𝚂 & 𝙰𝙽𝙶𝚁𝚈 𝙼𝙾𝙼𝚂

LIMOS & ANGRY MOMS

We are now standing face to face with the idiot who thinks it's smart to drive on ice. The team and the man in front of us glaring at one another. When eventually Jesse speaks up, "yo man you're obviously in the wrong hood, this is my dominion. This is a drug-free zone, you understand! We ain't buying nothin!'" All of us remaining in our places standing defensively.

"You know i'm feeling generous today," he continues, "so i am going to let you get your sorry vanilla booty out of here before we be using your eyeballs as hockey pucks!" we all exclaim in laughter to show our agreement with Jesse, acting tough so we look like we could take him.

The man rolls his eyes, "thanks bro" he pauses. "But i am not going home until i take care of business," he says reaching into his long blue jacket.

At this point we were all skating backwards, terrified of possibly looking into the barrel of a shotgun.

With the terrifying feeling of what is to come next, we see him pull out a folded up piece of paper instead. I sigh in relief as we all return to skate a little closer to him, still remaining in a group.

"District 5 peewee hockey team," he continues. "I am Gordon Bombay, your new hockey coach." he says resentfully. We all burst out into laughter with a few 'no ways', thinking about how this man who looks like he's about to walk in say, 'honey i'm home," is our new hockey coach.

"Afraid so dude. I got the roster right here," he says as we all look at each other skeptically. "Averman, Dave; Conway, Charlie; Conway, Kendall; Hall, Terry." We all mutter words in unbelief that this snobbish man is our coach.

Once we settle down from our unbelief he says, "here's the long and the short of it. I don't like hockey and i don't like kids." I lean over to charlie and whisper, "then what the frick is he here for?" charlie just shrugs and continues to look at our new coach.

"Look i am sure this gonna be a great bonding experience. Maybe even one day one of you will write a book about it in jail." I scoff he's the one who has probably already been to jail.

"Is there a goalie?" he asks half-heartedly. Goldberg speaks up "yeah that's me, but only for a little while me and my folks are moving back to Philly," our new coach nods in understanding. "Alright get out on the ice and let me see what you can do," the coach orders. Averman skates over to him and says, "just so you know we really suck." "Speak for yourself" i mutter under my breath but coach must of heard me because he turns to look at me and says, "i decide who sucks around here, now go."

We assemble in to our teams and get into position. I stand off at the position of right wing as Guy and Peter take the face-off in the center. As soon as the puck hits the ice Guy and Peter race there sticks to it but both end up falling over each other while the others crowd near the puck and eventually all fall into a big messy pile of hockey players. I roll my eyes and head over by the puck. Once they clear off of the puck i push Karp away and grab the puck with my stick and race over to Goldberg in the goal.

"Kendall, kendall please no!" he pleades. "Sorry goldberg!" i say as i lift my stick to shoot causing the puck to soar into the back of the net. I cheer for myself as i look back to see the rest of the team still tripping over themselves. I shake my head in embarrassment and look over and see coach doing the same thing.

"You!" coach yells pointing at me and waves me over.

"Hiya coach!" i say excitedly. "That was a nice shot, but then again you really didn't have anyone against you" he continues. "Gee thanks," i mutter under my breath. He ignores my comment and asks, "so what's are record anyway?"