𝟻: 𝙲𝙷𝙴𝙰𝚃𝙴𝚁𝚂

cheaters

To say mom was mad about what happened to charlie was an understatement. She had literally called the hawks coach to make him bench them for the rest of the season.

Of course, it didn't happen.

We had also had practice today. Didn't go well, yet again the understatement of the year. Coach actually wanted us to practice cheating! Can you believe this guy. He made us chant the three rules.

Take the fall. Act hurt. Get indignant. Idiotic words if you ask me.

After practice charlie left with the boys and connie had to take care of her younger sister. Which left me walking home alone.

I didn't mind being alone. Being able to think and just take a breath from your life. It was almost calming.

As i walked down the streets of Minneapolis i had been thinking about the practice we just had. It was the first time i had played hockey and was miserable.  Hockey had been my serenity in life and now it felt just like another burden. Between the coach wanting us to cheat and me still upset with my teammates, hockey just wasn't fun for me anymore.

I was so distracted with my thoughts that i didn't hear that someone yelled 'duck' to me. This lead me to fall down on the ground from being hit in the head by something really hard.

"Ouch" i groan as i sit myself up on the sidewalk.

"I am so sorry! Oh my gosh i'm sorry!" i hear as a person scrunches down next me.

I look over to see the strange kid i always see in the alley. This alley.

"I am so sorry are you okay?" he asks me nervously. I laugh at his nervousness. "I am fine just a little hit to the head, at the most i just lost a few brain cells, but who needs those! Am i right!" i joke trying to make him less nervous.

He smiles a bit and reaches out a hand for me to take. I take it as he helps me up. I must have gotten up to quickly though because as soon as i'm up i feel dizzy and start falling over, but before i hit the ground i was caught.

I look up to see him again and reply with a small thank you as he helps me over to the alley to sit on a small crate that was there.

I look over to the shy boy who doesn't want to meet my eyes. I truly felt bad for him. I would always see him at school alone. This was my chance to get to know him and i was going to take that chance.

"So what's your name?" i ask wanting to get to know him.

"Fulton"

"Nice to meet you Fulton! I'm Kendall." i replied with a smile.

"That's a heck of a shot you got! Do you play hockey?"

"No" he replies simply.

"Oh well you should think about it. I play hockey! You would make a great addition to my team."

"Yeah i know..... that you play hockey.... i've seen your team play" he adds shyly.

"Then you would see we're not the best," i say with a little laugh.

"You're good"

"Thanks, that means a lot," i say while smiling at him.