𝟹: 𝙱𝚁𝚄𝙸𝚂𝙴𝙳 𝙿𝙰𝚁𝚃𝚂

bruised parts

I practically jumped out of bed once my alarm went off. I ran down stairs with a confident smile on my face as i saw my mom in the kitchen flipping the pancakes for breakfast.

"What are you so smiley about?" she asked with a short laugh.

"Hockey game today!" i said smiling brightly.

"Ah yes hockey what else could it have been. Who are you playing today?"

"Those nasty hawks." my smile faltered by the mere thought of them,

"Kendall Rae Conway, it is not nice to talk about people that way, especially for sports." my mom criticized me as she points the spatula in her hand at me.

"It's not about them being a good team mom. It is literally about them being fowl and cruel people." i replied, explaining my choice of words.

"Is that the team with those three boys who love teasing you." she jokes. "More like make my life a living hel- heck. They're the literally bane of existence." i corrected myself in front of mom. No matter what little or big curse word it was she did not want her children using them.

She placed my pancakes in front of me and called charlie for breakfast.

Like clock work, Charlie ran into the kitchen and started scarfing down his pancakes in an instant. Not even his annoying self could bring the smile off my face today.

"Why do you look so happy" charlie asks with his mouth full of food. I furrow my eyebrows in disgust. "i'm excited for the game" i say simply.

"Yesterday you were practically having a panic attack and now you're excited?" he asks in a shocked expression. "I will never understand you and your mood swings."

"It doesn't matter how nervous i was yesterday!" i beam. "Today i realized i'm finally getting some good competition and even if we do lose i still can single handedly kick some hawk butt!" i shout excitedly.

"I know i wanted you to be confident the other day but i think you need to dial it down just a bit" he says, looking at me like i'm a freak. I roll my eyes and we both continue our breakfast with only the normal amount of bickering.

                ♡♥︎♡♥︎♡♥︎♡♥︎♡♥︎♡♥︎♡♥︎♡♥︎♡

Sitting on the bench i see the Hawks already starting to warm up. I furrow my eyebrows in disgust as i see the three names in life that disturb me the most. Larson, McGill, and Banks.

I face away from them quickly, not letting their presence ruin my mood for the game. I instead look at my rowdy team getting pumped up for the game we all know we're going to lose.

"Alright who's ready to lose!" Averman shouts. I roll my eyes and shove him, "with attitude like that we will," i continued, being the most hopeful one on the team.

"Come on guys!" i start going on with my pep talk that i give each game. "We may not be the best, we may lose every single game, and we may not even have a chance to beat the hawks."

"Well what do we have?" Peter questioned sarcastically.

I pause for a moment, "play our hardest, playing as a team with confidence, and having a chance to freaking piss off these hawks!" i yell towards the end.