𝟷𝟹: 𝙷𝙸𝚂 𝙽𝙰𝙼𝙴 𝙸𝚂, 𝙰𝙳𝙰𝙼

his name is, adam

It had been a week since we won the championship and man, i felt like i was walking on clouds.

Charlie and I were headed to bid our amazing coach a farewell as he goes to try out for the minor leagues. I was sad that he was leaving and i honestly didn't want to play hockey without him as our coach, but i was also extremely happy for him being able to go and live his dream.

I was hugging my Mom's side as we approached the rest of our teammates waiting to say goodbye to coach.

I stood in between my mom and charlie as coach made his way down the line saying his goodbyes. My teammates giving the advice he gave us.

Coach laughs, "alright anything else?" he says stopping in front of Charlie and I. "Yeah, have fun out there coach," charlie says while giving him a hug.

"Don't forget us when you're famous!" i say causing my team to laugh. I then go to give my coach a hug as he whispers, "i could never forget you guys."

Tears sting my eyes a bit at his words, "Thank you, for everything," i say hugging him a bit tighter. "It's you i should be thanking." he replies with a smile plastered on his face. I release from our hug and stand back next to charlie, looping my arm with his.

Next thing i know coach and my mom are kissing. Charlie and I exchange shocked glances at each other as my team 'woos'.

"Hey ducks!" coach calls from the bus. "No matter what happens we'll see you next season! We got a title to defend!"

We watch the bus drive off and i sadly stand there hugging charlie's side as my mom hugs his other. There goes the best coach we've ever had.

            ♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎

There i was sitting alone on my bed on a Saturday night. I had plans with Connie until she dissed me to hang out with Guy. Can you believe her! She has a boyfriend for 2.3 seconds and all of a sudden i'm chopped liver.

Charlie was at Averman's, probably doing something stupid and my mom was of course at work.

I looked at the clock on my bed, 5 pm. It's only 5 o'clock and i'm bored. I started to doze off but not before hearing pecking sounds at my window.

I furrow my eyebrows in confusion as i get up and open my window. I rolled my eyes i should've guessed. Adam Banks.

"Don't slam it on me this time!" he yelled as soon as i opened my window. "Hmm, i was thinking about it," i say with a smirk.

"What do you want Banks?" He lets out a sigh of relief that i didn't slam it on him and continues, "you busy?"

"Not particularly," he smiles, "Good meet me at the lake," is all he says as he rushes off.

"What the heck," i mutter to myself, he is so weird. Only because i am extremely bored, i start to get ready to go meet him.

I left my mom a quick note, grabbed my hockey gear, and raced out towards the lake.

It was cold out, the normal weather for the month of February in Minnesota. When i arrived i saw Banks sitting on a bench fiddling with his fingers.

I sat down next to him as he turned his glance from his fingers to me. "Hey kendall"

"Hi Banks," i say awkwardly. Why is he being so awkward. He stayed silent for a little while, "so what did you want me to meet you here for?"

He shifted uncomfortably in his seat, "are we friends?"