I was washing while she was drying and putting stuff away. We finished the job in no time since we made a good team. Although, we were playfully arguing the whole time about my poor work as a dishwasher. 

I listened to her melodious laughter as she enjoyed my sleazy joke. 

"Hey, Wise Girl, we started something in the woods before getting interrupted," I said softly. 

Her laughter died down as she stared at me intensely. Her beautiful, yet intimidating gray eyes were enough to make me crumble. 

Annabeth came forward and wrapped her arms around my neck. 

"I love you, Wise Girl," I said softly. My hands rested firmly against her waist, and I was ready to hoist her up. Our eyes were locked in a passionate, fiery gaze. 

I wanted this so badly. I wanted her. 

"I love you, too, Seaweed Brain," she expressed. 

The fact that she kissed me first was all it took for the passion to take over. I felt the heat spread through my body as I hoisted her up. 

Our kissing intensified as I carried her to my bedroom. My legs hit some of the furniture, but it didn't stop us from our make-out. Both of our shirts came off before we even made it to the room. Her skin was warm under my hands. 

It's been so long since I last shared her intimacy. 

The sparks radiated off her body and into my own. And, vice versa. 

My lips and kisses traveled down from her jawline to her neck. I kicked my bedroom door shut before we both collapsed onto the bed. 

She landed on top of me as our actions calmed down suddenly. Annabeth sensually pulled her hair to one side before meeting my lips yet again. 

I used my body weight to flip us over so that I could press down against her. My hands explored her familiar body as we enjoyed each other's warmth, ecstasy, and love. 

Gods, I loved her more than anything and anyone. 

I wanted to be with her. At least, for tonight because I knew that all hell would break loose tomorrow. 

***

The moonlight gracefully shined through my bedroom window. 

The light shined against Annabeth's soft skin, and she slept peacefully. I was laying next to her and simply watched her sleeping under the blanket. 

Our clothes were scattered around the floor, but it didn't matter. 

My hand reached forward and tucked a strand of her shining blonde hair behind her ear. Wise Girl was a light sleeper, so I had to be quiet and gentle. 

My hand caressed her cheek as I stared at her beautiful features. I had already memorized them long ago. 

I leaned forward and planted a kiss on her lips and forehead. 

I was leaving now to make this deal with Kronos. I knew that I couldn't leave after Annabeth woke up. She had too much power over me, and I wouldn't be able to resist her. 

This was something that I had to do to help save the world. 

I quietly and regretfully got out of bed. It was dark, but the moonlight was helping to illuminate the bedroom. After getting dressed, I quietly gathered my phone, documents/IDs, laptop, and clothes into a backpack. 

The backpack hung loosely on my left shoulder as I opened the door. 

My gaze wandered back to Annabeth. I sadly stared at her sleeping figure for a few more moments. I didn't want to leave, but I had to.