12- New niece

Lili POV

I.   Love.   Charlotte!!

The absolute angel that is my assistant has managed my calendar to get me a free week!!

A whole seven days out of the office! Which means that I get to go and meet my gorgeous little niece!

I'm so excited!

I've been doing a happy dance around my apartment as I pack for the trip. Got to work on my moves if I'm seeing Sophie, so I've got my cell blasting tunes. Of course the music requirements for a visit with Sophie are ultimate cheesy hits.

My awesome (third) attempt at the Michael Jackson style lean (where I absolutely did not fall on my face… much.) Was interrupted by my ringtone. As Sophie would say, Some people have no respect for the art.

"Pronto?" I answer.

"Little Liliana, you owe me a dinner" Ben's voice teases.

"How do I 'owe you' a dinner?" I laugh, "we split the bill last time"

"Which wounded my pride!" He whines, "A guy is supposed to pay on the first date. You owe me a do over"

"You and your jokes" I giggle, "you're such a tease, but I'm going out of town for a bit so we'll catch up when I'm back. If you are still around" I offer.

"Ah, my poor heart, where are you going? To see Nico?" He asks.

"Nico? No, why would? Nevermind, I'm going to see Matt and the baby!" I finish with a squeal. "Charlotte worked some magic with my schedule"

"Ah, nice. Tell Matt I said hey. How long will you be away?"

"Are you planning to stalk me?" I ask throwing some clothes into my bag.

"Maybe, what time is your flight?" He jokes.

"Idiot," I reply rolling my eyes, "I'll be gone for a week. So I'll see you when I'm back?" I ask hesitantly.

"We'll see, won't we" I can hear the smile in his voice before we say our goodbyes, right in time for my car arriving.

Ma had sent back the jet for me so I was able to schedule my flight direct to the Sheffield Doncaster airport. Where Matt was waiting to pick me up.

"Where's my ikkle babieee Ella?!" I squeal, squeezing him in a hug.

"At home obviously, I'm not bringing her out in the rain and provoking Sophie" he laughs.

I pull back taking in his appearance, his stubble is a little longer and there are dark circles under his eyes but I have never seen him looking so happy. Like he is totally at peace with the world.

"You look good" I smile following him to the car.

"I feel it, exhausted but good. Sophie has been amazing" he gushes, "recovering from surgery and looking after Ella, she's a total natural."

"How is Sophie doing?" I check.

"Better now, it wasn't the best way to find out she's allergic to those stitches. It was pretty rough seeing her in so much pain" he confesses, "but once that was taken care of she's been perfect. A little delicate, but just amazing"

I watch Matt's face as he speaks, not taking his eyes off the road. It's so good to see him so happy, it's almost as though his face has a glow to it. His smile illuminates his other features.

The happiness seems to increase the closer we get to his house, until he's bouncing in his seat like a child. I haven't seen Matt this excited since we were kids, it's weird.

When we arrive I make a dash for the door, my arms covering my head in a vain attempt to keep the rain off.

"Sophie!!" I yell the moment I'm inside, following the sound of people to the kitchen. Where I find Ma cooking, deep in conversation with Leo. While Sophie sits to the side cradling Ella close to her chest.

I make my way toward Sophie quietly this time in case Ella is sleeping.

"I'm feeding her," Sophie informs me, "why don't you go dry off then you can get a cuddle"

A quick shower and change later and I'm being lectured by Matt on the proper way to hold a baby. He's so dramatic, I can even see Sophie behind, smirking at him, her gaze full of adoration.

"She's so cute!" I gush, the moment she's in my arms. It's like someone Made a doll of Sophie but slightly changed the colouring.

Her tiny nose and her pouty lips are exact copies of her mother, but the skin tone, eyes and hair are all Canossa.

"She's going to be a little heart breaker" Ma coos beside me.

"No way, she's not dating til she's thirty!" Matt jokes, making us all laugh.

"Seriously guys, she's perfect" I say, unable to take my eyes off her adorable features. "Marco would be so proud"

I don't need to look up to know that the eyes on me will be looking glassy, I know my own are as well. Marco loved babies he'd be so honoured having Ella as his namesake.

Ella does a little yawn and the cuteness is almost enough to make my ovaries burst with broodiness.

"She's seriously fucking cute, who looks cute yawning?" I laugh, ignoring Ma's chastising of my language.

"It makes me want to put a hundred more babies in Sophie" Matt confesses, turning Sophie's face a furious shade of pink.

"Ok that's enough from you lot, Lili, why don't we go upstairs and help you unpack?" Sophie suggests clearly searching for an escape. As the best friend I dutifully agree. (as long as Ella is helping too.)

"So how are things going back home? The new business… Nico…" Sophie asks.

"You just had a baby, you don't want to hear about this" I reply waving her off.

"I definitely do! All I hear about is baby stuff. Yes I'm a mum but I'm also still Sophie! I think I'm going to go insane if I don't have a normal conversation soon!"

Sophie laughs as I tell her about what happened when they sent Nico to collect drunk me, and cringed when I explain how I think I may have been mistaken and Nico's mysterious woman was Ben.

"So who's Ben?" She asks.

"Nico's best friend from boarding school, and, umm, between us… My first kiss"