The two looked over to see that their father was at the door. The man was dressed in a suit and tie, ready to walk his daughter down the aisle.

"Sorry, I hope I'm not interrupting," he apologised.

"No, of course not, dad," Charlotte grinned, walking over and putting her arms around him.

"You look so beautiful, sweetheart."

Charlotte chuckled, sniffling as she stepped back. "Stop, or I'll have to go and get all of this redone," she said, gesturing to her face.

"All right," he laughed, pointing to the door. "Josie is out in the living room, so I'm going to drive her to the venue, and then I'll be back to pick you girls up."

Charlotte nodded with a smile, "Okay. Thanks, Dad."

"Oh, and Riley, Scott and Malia are out there, as well," her dad mentioned.

"Thanks, Dad," Riley grinned, looking forward to seeing the two. The two girls waved as the man left, Charlotte shutting the door behind him so that she could start to get ready.

The two got to work on getting Charlotte dressed, Riley carefully helping her to step into her dress. She zipped it up slowly so there was no chance of breaking it or ripping the fabric, before stepping back to admire her handiwork.

The dress sat on the woman perfectly, fitting like a glove. Riley went over to the makeup table and retrieved the necklace Charlotte had chosen.

Like her makeup and her dress, it was simple, yet elegant. Draping it around her neck, she lowered the silver chain and let the teardrop diamond sit just below her collarbone.

After thanking her sister, Charlotte began to put on her earrings. While she waited, Riley checked herself over in the mirror, checking that nothing had moved out of place.

She was in love with the deep navy dress that Iris and Charlotte had chosen for their bridesmaids. It was a v-cut with straps and an open back, and even though she didn't normally wear dresses, this one was definitely an exception.

Her makeup was simple, with some dark eyeshadow and nude lipstick to go with her classically simple updo. She considered covering up the grey scarring from the Dread Doctors but decided against it. She had survived something, and that was what she was left with, and she wasn't ashamed of that. Seeing it reminded her that she was strong.

When she saw herself all dressed up like that, even though they weren't biologically related, she knew Charlotte and her were sisters. They had so much in common, and over their years of living together while Riley had been in high school, they had only grown closer.

She came home whenever she could on university breaks, but it wasn't always possible with how busy school and work was. She had managed to get a reception job at a hospital near the apartment which she actually didn't mind and was going to look good on her resume when she went looking for a job after her course.

They were both happy when Riley had returned a week ago, deciding to come back early for the wedding. Riley only had a week left of university work for that semester so she completed that online and put in for leave at the hospital. She needed a break and it was the perfect time to do so.

Focusing back in, Riley looked at her sister who was now completely dressed, shoes aside. "Char. . . you look amazing."

Charlotte blushed through her makeup, waving a hand, "Stop. You're going to make me ruin my makeup before we even get there. Go and see your friends before I start crying," she instructed.

Riley laughed, giving her sister a quick hug before heading out of her sister's bedroom and back down the hall. She heard the sound of voices as she grew closer, turning the corner to see Scott and Malia standing together.