XXVII- 1𝖘𝖙 𝕭𝖎𝖗𝖙𝖍𝖉𝖆𝖞

'Cheers to another year with you'

Today is Inez's 1st birthday and the whole palace is brimming with joy and happiness

That little girl recently learnt how to walk and there is no stopping for her. She run around the palace giving me a heart attack.
'Inez baby don't run', I yelled as I chase my giggling baby.
'Don't you want to dress up and show daddy', I asked as her eyes lit up hearing daddy's name.
Putting on her a cute pink dress with a headband I got her ready.

'Lets go see daddy', I smiled as she held my finger walking excitedly

'Dada', she shrieked as she saw her daddy.
'Oh my god! My princess you look so pretty', Jacob smiled immediately making her stand on his legs.
'Jacob you look after her I will go and dress. Okay?', I said as I walked out.
Rushing to my room I changed into a knee length off-shoulder dress.

'Sophia are you ready?', Cynthia called up as I rushed out putting on my heels

'Okay! Ya let's go', I said as I walked down.
'You look beautiful sweetheart', Jacob smiled as he pecked me.
'Thank you', I smiled
'No..no', Inez pulled her daddy's face away from mine as she herself placed a his on his lips. Earing a laughter from everyone.

Moving ahead with the celebration. Mom and dad bought loads of gift for Inez much to my dismay followed by all the pack members.

The celebration was going good when Rupert announced the council's presence.
'Your highness, My queen', they bowed as I nodded.
'Where is the princess?', Bloom asked
'She is playing around. Why don't you come in', I said guiding them in.
Seeing Inez playing with kids from the pack I called for her.
'Inez! Baby come here', I said as she happily wobbled towards me.
'Here! Meet Inez Eva King', I said as Bloom smiled placing a soft kiss on her head.
'Aah! Isn't she lovely', John smiled
'She is', Jacob said which caught the attention of the little girl as now she want her dad.
'Please enjoy the party', Jacob said as he pulled is away from them.
'I don't like John', I said as we sat down.
'Neither do i', he said.

Later after the end Cynthia, Rupert Jacob and I were sitting around in the garden chatting while Inez happily run around.
'The party went well', Cynthia said
'Humm that did', I nodded
'What are you thinking Rupert', Jacob asked
'I don't like John noe his intention seem good', he said
'He know better than to try something. But, we will keep our guard up', Jacob said as I hummed in affirmation.
'Ya, true. Let's go then I guess we all had an eventful day today', I said getting up.
'Yes, right. We should also get going', Cynthia smiled
After bidding each other goodbye we went back to our room. Jacob volunteered to bath Inez while I take shower. Changing and freshening up I walked to Inez's room where Jacob was telling the story to her as she attentively listen. Walking to her I laid down beside her as soon she fell asleep.
'Let's go', Jacob said as we quietly walked out switching the light off.

'Tired?', Jacob asked
'Yah!', I smiled as I laid down on bed. Jacob pulled me in as I snuggled to him.
'Sleep love?', he said as I nuzzled closet to him.

Suddenly my eyes opened as I did not felt good.
'Sophia!? You okay', Jacob asked sitting beside me.
'Ya, just let me see Inez', I said as I immediately rushed to her room.
Walking in I found her sleeping peacefully. Picking her up I put her close to me. When I felt a hot breath on my shoulder. Turning around their was a huge brown wolf staring at me with large red eyes.
'Jacob!', I yelled. As the wolf growled put Inez between me and Inez. Then I heard a loud thundering growl.
As a large black wolf stood in the doorway. Looking at the eyes it was Arlos.
I slowly step back as Arlos lunged over the wolf. The whole palace boomed with growls.
'I need to get out of this place', I thought as I hold Inez tightly to me.
'Luna come here', Cynthia said as she stood between the fighting wolf.
'Who is he?', I asked Cynthia as we reached a safe distance.
'Thats John', she said
'Is Inez okay?', she asked
'Ya. Just a bit shaken', I said trying to calm her down.

Cynthia and I have been in safety of Pack house, there is an eerie silence all over the place as everyone settled around while the few warriors went to the palace leaving few to protect the pack house.
'Luna do you want something?', one of the pack member asked as I shook my head.
'Sophia!', Jacob yelled as I immediately stood up.
'Oh God Jacob you okay?', I asked as he hugged me tightly breathing in my scent
'Are you hurt? Is Inez okay?', he asked looking at me and Inez
'Ya we are fine', I nodded
'Thank Goddess', he mumbled
'Come sit', I said.
'Who was it?', I asked
'John', he said simply
'What does he want?', I asked
'He don't want to be ruled my a women in future', he said
'Where is he?', I asked
'Dead', he said as I nodded. I would have felt bad if he wouldn't have tried killing my daughter.

 I would have felt bad if he wouldn't have tried killing my daughter

Here ends the last chapter of the book. This is followed by an epilogue. I hope you enjoyed it.

PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT