IX- 𝕻𝖆𝖗𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖘

Jacob's POV

I was sitting in my office when I heard my tesoro's screaming and with in seconds I had her in my arms.
'Princess you okay?', I asked as looked around for any danger.
'Jacob there is a mouse here', she looked at me with horror filled eyes.
'Mouse?', I asked confused
'Yes it's a huge mouse. I swear to God Jacob. I hate them, they are so weird and dangerous. Please I cannot stay here', she begged.
'Okay okay calm down baby. You are gonna get yourself sick baby', I cooed as I held her tightly in my arms. I walked down to my office with her still in my arms as I mind linked Rupert to get the room checked.
I spend the rest of the morning in my office with Sophia peacefully sleeping in my arms. I could feel Leo beaming with happiness.

'Wakey, Wakey', I whispered in her ear as I softly kissed her cheeks.
'5 minute', she mumbled as she snuggled closer to me. I chuckled as I looked down to my sweet angel.
'No love. Wake up we have to eat lunch', I said as I walked to the dinning room. I placed her carefully on one of the stools as I walked around in the kitchen to look for ingredients.
'What do you wanna have?', I asked turning around but Sophia was snoozing away with her head in the kitchen counter.
'Steak and lemon rice it is then', I chuckled.
I quickly whipped up everything for our lunch.
'Sophia wake up now', I said as I picked her up and placed her on my lap.
'Yes yes... I smell something good', she said opening her eyes.
'Steak and lemon rice', I said as she nodded happily.
I fed Sophia and myself as we occasionally talked about random things.
'Oh I am going to the pack house with Cynthia this evening', she informed
'Okay, stay close to Rupert and just call me if there is something', I told her as she nodded.
'I'll go and fresh up now Cynthia will be here any moment', she smiled as she walked up to our room.

'Mark Mate soon', leo remarked
'I know we will soon', I said happily
'Protect Mate, Love mate', leo grumbled
'Always', I smiled as I cut the mind link

'Alpha King', Cynthia bowed
'Cynthia', I nodded
'Look after Sophia, mind link me if there is any trouble', I commanded her.
'Yes Alpha King', she nodded
'Hey! You are here early', Sophia smiled as she hugged Cynthia.
'Ya... It's almost time', Cynthia smiled as they both walked out of the door.

It's been almost 2 hours since Sophia went to the pack house and to say I am agitated or more like Leo cause the distance between him and his children.
'Alpha King, we found Luna Queen's parents', my head warrior informed
'Where are they?', I asked
'In the living room my king', he bowed
'Okay', I nodded as I made my way towards the living room.
As I reached, I could sense their fear.
'Mr. And Mrs. Rees', I nodded as they immediately stood up.
'Alpha King', they bowed as I signalled them to sit down.
'Where were you from past 1 month?', I asked.
'We... we.. were at our relatives place', they stuttered and I could clearly smell their lie.
'Were?', I asked
'In the... In New Orleans', Mr. Rees mumbled
'Sophia was very much worried. We came for Mrs. Rees birthday but, you were gone', I said
'Ya.. we have to go it was really urgent', Mrs. Rees mumbled
'Sophia has gone to visit the pack house. I have called for her she will be here in a moment', I said when the door burst open and Sophia ran into her dad's arms.
'Dad', she whimpered.
'Doll', Mr. Rees smiled as he hugged her back.
'How are you princess?', Mrs. Rees asked
'I am good. Where were you guys I was so worried. I came to visit on mom's birthday but, the house was empty', Sophia said without missing the beat.
'Oh honey we went to visit Aunt Daisy in New Orleans. She was very ill', Mrs Rees said
'Oh how is she now?', Sophia asked
'She is very well now', Mr. Rees said
'Well why don't join us for the lunch?', I offered.
'Oh no.. no we', Mr. Rees said
'Oh no dad, mom please', Sophia pleaded.
'Dad please. I have to show mom her birthday gift too', Sophia said
'Okay', Mr. Rees nodded
'Thanx dad', Sophia smiled
'Come mom. I 'll show you your birthday gift', Sophia smiled as she dragged Mrs Rees upstairs to the painting room most probably.
'Come join me in the kitchen Mr. Rees', I said.
I immediately ordered the maids for lunch as I sat in my seat Mr. Rees on my right.
'I know you did not went to New Orleans', I said as I sipped on water just in time Sophia enters with Mrs. Rees.
'Oh honey Sophia drew a beautiful painting for my birthday', Mrs Rees smiled as she took a seat beside Mr. Rees.
'Oh what's for lunch Penny?', Sophi asked
'Luna Queen it's Mushroom stuffed with cottage cheese and hint of black pepper, mozzarella sticks with marinara sauce, for main course it's coq au vin with white rice and for desert it's banana split', she said
'Jesus Penny since when are you cooking?', Sophia giggled
'Oh it don't take much time Luna', Penny smiled as she dismissed herself.

The rest of the dinner went quite with a bit of talking here and there. Mr.Rees seemed quite uneasy. After having lunch they left quite hurriedly. Sophia was a bit upset because of this offcourse.
'Want to watch a movie?', I asked as I exited the bathroom
'No.. I just want to sleep', She mumbled as she laid down facing away.
I signed as I laid beside her.
'There is definitely something wrong with her parents. I know Sophia noticed it too', I thought

'Rupert', I mind linked
'Yes Alpha', came his voice in a minute
'I feel there is something wrong with Sophia's parents. Send some trusted warriors to keep an eye on them', I said
'On it', he replied as I cut the connection.

'Jacob', Sophia's timid voice pulled me out of my train of thoughts
'Yes Love', I smiled as I faced her
'Do you felt something off about mom and dad. They were acting weird', she asked
'Ya I felt it too but, maybe it was cause of me', I reasoned
'Ya maybe... aahh goodnight', she mumbled
'Goodnight love', I smiled

 aahh goodnight', she mumbled'Goodnight love', I smiled

Hello Beautiful People,
I hope you'll like this chapter. If so do let me know your thoughts in the comments.

👑
• Do you think something is off with Sophia's parents?

PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT