"Rehearsal, I have a radio interview today too, check on the fam, and my company" he said and Payton nodded.

"Is dawg going to bring my dog back or no" she asked, she missed Marco.

"He said today, I don't know. He say he don't like dogs but he love Marco apparently" he said as Adam wiggled in his arms.

"Well ok. I'm going to go finish breakfast" she said and he stood up.

"Me and Adam going to brush our teeth and wash our face" he said and they walked to the bathroom.

Layton and Brooklyn was home watching movies for the day. There was a knock on the door and she stood up to get it. Brooklyn had fell asleep.

"Who is I-" she opened the door to see Marcus standing looking at her.

"Marcus... Come in" she said and he walked in and to the kitchen.

"Layton listen... I know we was kicking it but for some reason I can't get you off my mind love" he told her and she stood on the other side of the counter.

"S-" before she could finish Lauren walked into the kitchen.

"Layton do you know the media knows August got a baby" Lauren asked as she turned her phone.

"Thought they was keeping their relationship private" Layton said and Lauren came over sitting down.

"The shade room says... August Alsina has a two month old baby name Adam Adonis Alsina!! We've all know he was in a secret relationship but according to records, someone had a DNA test on the baby and it came back his. Who y'all think the baby mother is? His ex Bianca or the new mystery girl" Lauren read the post out loud.

"Call Payton" Layton said and Lauren looked over at Layton.

"No you call her" Lauren said and Layton shook her head no.

"No" Layton said and Marcus was so confused.

"Why don't y'all just go over there" Marcus suggested and they both looked at him.

"No" they said in union and Marcus held his arms up in surrender.

"My bad damn." Marcus said and Lauren walked over.

"She had a paternity test on the baby though" She asked sitting down.

"Payton had a baby" Marcus asked and Layton looked at him.

"Yes. But don't tell anyone" Lauren said as she went to the family groupchat.

"We have a family therapy session today at two, you going" Layton asked and Lauren shrugged.

"If you go, I'll go" she said and Layton nodded.

"So Payton had a baby... by August Alsina" he asked as he realized the point of the conversation.

"Basically" Lauren said scrolling on her phone.

"Wow. I wanna see this child then, I know it's precious... it's a girl" He asked and Layton shook her head no.

"Boy" she said and he smiled widely, he was happy for Payton.

Before Marcus came to LA, he stayed in Harlem. He used to watch Payton play ball when she was in college in Harlem before she got hurt. Him and his homeboy Dave had a thing for her but she friend zoned the both of them.

So he took that & respected her wishes. They became good friends & nothing more. Then he got his degree in law & firm and got a job in LA & moved out. They'd talk here and there, and when they did Payton would always say "you know Kendall got lots of sisters of brothers and she the only one with no kids, I think that's what I want to be". He was happy for her.