"What's going on with her Em?"

"Xael's body isn't built for bearing pups. Normally after the first couple of heats, an Omega's body slowly changes to ready itself for pregnancy but Xael's body hasn't had a chance to do that. Her hips need to widen for the babies so things are being rushed and forced. Probably why part of her back has popped out. Adam will be able to ease things back into place and help her pain."

"Is she going to be like this her entire pregnancy?!"

"No, it will be this bad once a month as her body adjusts to accommodate the growing babies. Any pregnancies after this will be easier for her."

Grams was holding the heating pad against Xael's lower back as Skylar massaged the upper portion. Eyes closed, Xael could only focus on her breathing until her Mate arrived. If things were this bad, she didn't even want to think about how hard her actual birth would be. But she would pull through and things would be just fine.

Due to the amount of pain she was under, her ears and tail unexpectedly popped out surprising Grams and Skylar. Xael was too out of it to care.

Soon Adam came storming into the house, the pups standing on the bed waiting for him to help momma feel better. Both Grams and Skylar were quick to move away from Xael as they knew from experience how Alpha's could be around their pregnant Mates.

"Xael, baby?"

All she did was let out a whimper as Adam nuzzled into the side of her head.

"What's wrong with her grams?"

"Lift up the back of her shirt."

Slowly moving the garment out the way, his face contorted into worry.

"What the hell..."

"You'll need to pop her vertebrae back in."

"What?!"

Xael woke up at the sound of her Mates voice, she wasn't able to sit up but could move her arms as she reached for him.

"I'm here babe."

"Help her up and sit behind her, just place your hands on her, your wolf will know what to do. Wes."

"Mn. We're in the kitchen if you need anything."

Adam gave Skylar a weak smile as the Elder Alpha shut the bedroom door behind them. Alone, Adam was extremely gentle as he helped Xael move into a seated position. She didn't say much as her legs found their way back to the edge of the bed. Moving behind her, Adam placed a leg on each side of her body. Still in uniform, his large hands found their way to her lower back. Holding onto her hips, his scent adjusted and he felt Xael relax a little.

"Thank you Adam."

"Mn. Just keep breathing babe."

The Alpha just let his hands rest where they were on her body as he closed his eyes. He hated seeing his Mate in such pain but knew it would only get worse as the pregnancy continued.

Adam's hands began to heat up as he massaged Xael's hips. He could feel the tension in the muscles as they resisted the necessary changes that her body needed them to do. All of the tension was causing Xael to sleep in awkward positions and that caused her back troubles. Once she and her muscles relaxed, the physical changes her body would go through, would take place more smoothly and naturally. Xael was always a ball of muscled tension but she needed to let that go. Her health and the safety of their unborn babies depended on it.

His hands migrated from her hips to her lower back. Thumbs applied just the right amount of pressure as they moved in circular motions along both sides of her spine.

"Xael babe, you need to start relaxing. Nothing is going to harm you now, you're just one giant rock hard muscle."

Xael didn't say anything as she felt the pain slowly subside. Her legs began to tingle as feeling returned to them. One by one and with gentle massaging, Adam was able to release the muscle tension and allow the disks to move into their proper position on their own. After about an hour, all of the protruding disks were back in place. Adam helped his Mate lay back down and she was asleep before her head hit the pillow. The entire ordeal had worn her out and she was sure to sleep for the remainder of the day if not more. Making sure the pillow between her knees had been returned, he gave her a kiss then left so she could rest.

Almost two hours had gone by and Grams was starting on lunch as the Young Alpha walked into the kitchen.

"Adam? How is she?"

With a heavy sigh and stretching his arms over his head, he took a seat at the table. "Sleeping finally. I'll have to give her back massages at night. I swear if her body could just relax, she is nothing but muscle and tension."

"Well Adam Xael's body is used to being a soldier, not an Omega or a mother dear."

"I know, I know. I'll give her another massage tonight. Grams is it okay if we stay another night or two? I don't really want her up and about right now."

"Of course dear, you don't have to ask me that!"

"Em's right Adam. This is your home also, always will be."

"Thanks you two. Well I need to get back to the station. Oh! Beau should be stopping by. He gets to town at some point today."

"Oh good! You want something to eat before you leave dear?"

"No, I'll get something from the diner."