YOU ARE GOING WITH US

CHAPTER 10

Okay maybe it was too soon to guess . I was wrong. The beginning of the day was like quiet before the storm. But now I fear that it is going to be a never ending hurricane.

I am standing outside Nicholas's office. I was called here about five minutes ago. Max and Jordan Black are here too. Jordan Black is the guy who is supposed to go for the coronation along with Jen and Adam. I understand that Jordan has been called here talk to about his job there like the other two were called  but why have I been called?

The door opens after another few minutes and Jordan comes out. He is a muscular man and could easily make Will run for his job. He looks at me, but the permanent scowl on his face is missing today. He smiles at me and I smile back. He looks too happy to go to Astéria. My forehead creases as he bounces away which is very unlike his personality.

"Ava in, now," Max says in a whispered voice poking his head of the door.

"Yeah," I inhale deeply and prepare myself for whatever that is coming.

He opens the door slightly for me and I enter. The room is as quiet as a church. I raise my eyebrow at Max on my right which he pretends not to notice. The clock ticking behind him is the only source of noise. I turn back to look at Nicholas his face is passive.

"Ava take a seat," he says with a no expression.

What's happening? Have I done something wrong?

I glance at Max and he nods at me. I sit down carefully still trying to contemplate the situation.

"You are going to Astéria with us."

Laughter bubbles into my stomach and eventually echoes in the room. He is joking right? He must be, because I saw Jordan happily jog away after meeting him here and only three people are going along with him so how can he inform me about me going with them. I think he's lost count.

I see his face and expect him to tell me that he was just joking and he called me here to tell me that I would be provided with someone to help me out in Adam's and Jen's absence. But he doesn't he is frowning at me and it's etched on his face 'What kind of crazy girl has Adam hired.' Max looks the same.

"Please do care to explain your sudden laughter." He crosses his arms and the chair squeaks leans back on it.

"You cracked a joke right?" I explain as my laughter subsides a little.

"It wasn't a joke," he says gruffly rubbing his temples.

My heart drops to the pit of my stomach. It-it it was not? How is it remotely possible that I can just go there? Oh no, this isn't really happening. I close my eyes telling myself, I am asleep and in a horrible dream if I wake up all of this will go away. I pinch myself and open my one eye. It is real after all.

Both of them are looking at me like I have lost all my wits and it's obvious they think so, because no sensible person would do something like this in middle of a serious conversation.

I put up a straight face and say, "I thought Jordan Black will be accompanying you."

"He would have if his wife wouldn't have delivered a pre mature baby."

OH. That explains his happy jog more than what I thought.

"But Nicholas, we need to understand here," I try to explain him, "Adam has a lot of events lined up in the month of December here, who would be taking care of them? We can't just cancel them. Right?"

"Who says that we are cancelling those?"

"We- we aren't?"

"No."