SHE'S NEVER COMING BACK

CHAPTER 3

Almost an hour after having lunch and discussing all the details related to my job with Adam, and, thrilled at the prospect that we actually convinced Dominique Beaumont without even preparing anything meant a lot and we were so excited about that, that we lost track of time. It was 2:22 when we realized that we were late and Prince Nicholas might have arrived.

"I really think we should get going, Nicholas should be in the office any minute now." Adam says checking his watch. "We need to do a lot of explanation and also we have to introduce our newest team mate." He smiles at me and I give him a non committal half-hearted smile.

The thing is I don't want to see or meet Prince Nicholas. I just can't bring myself to do it. All I want is to go unnoticed by anyone and everyone; I don't want many people to know me - know me and that is why I preferred smaller companies to work for.

Since we were just down the block we reach the Wellington building within 5 minutes or so and what we see was a sight not very relishing. There was a flood of flash lights from cameras. Paparazzi, reporters and journalist were mobbing the place, and the guards were trying to stop them. If I could describe the sight in one word, well... it was BLINDING and all this pointed in one direction that he was here. I let my bangs fall on my face, adjust my spectacles and the four of us try to push past the crowd and get into the building. After a lot of pulling of hair and pushing a lot of people we somehow managed to get through and enter the building. We rush to the reception desk and Adam asks to the old blonde women who escorted Mr. Beaumont to the board room.

"Helena, has he arrived yet?"

"Yes, he just went upstairs to his office."

Oh good so I wouldn't have to meet him after all. I ask Adam if I could leave when Helena completes her sentence,

"...and he wants to see you all." Just when I thought I could get away...

"Yes of course he wants to." Adam says rubbing his neck.

Is he nervous?

But Jen said Nicholas is nice to them. I ask him, "Are you okay?"

"Yes...yes everything's alright it's just that our other Producer is on a break and I am supposed to handle his team too so it gets a bit exhausting."

"I think we should head upstairs he must be waiting," cuts in Jen.

Spencer says that he needed to collect a few reports and then he will join us.

"Okay so let's meet his royal Highness," says Adam exasperated and we head upstairs.

"Every time he comes here paps and reporters surround the building. I wonder how they come to know about him coming here." Jen asks to no one in particular as we walk out of the elevator.

"Yeah, How?" Adam wonders out aloud.

I stay silent and walk with my head bowed down behind them. As we approach closer a lump starts forming in my throat. We reach and Adam knocks the door, a deep voice asks us to come in, chills run down my spine as I hear his voice. When we enter, I involuntarily start rubbing my right hand ring finger.

The first thing when you enter the room, you cannot miss to notice is the ceiling to floor window with the roadside view and left wall of the room, lined with bookshelves that too from floor to ceiling on the right of the door is a small cupboard with files which I want to lean on for support as my feet try bailing out on me.

His back was towards us and he was speaking to someone when we walked in. We stood there in silence and the only sounds were faint noises from the busy road outside, the clock ticking and him speaking.