Childhood Memories

Darnells pov

I carried pico back to our house bloody and now unconscious. Cherry and Keith were there so they were able to help with pico.

They took him into his bedroom to get him more comfortable and Keith pulled out the first aid kit. They came out a few minutes later looking exhausted.

"he's hurt but he should be ok" cherry muttered.

"that's good" I said feeling distant.

"you ok buddy" Keith asked.

"not really. I thought pico died so I accidentally told him my feelings" I said hiding my face in embarrassment.

"that's good" Nene said excitedly.

"no its not!" I yelled "he's never going to accept my feelings and I'm going to have to deal with that when he wakes up!" I was shaking at this point.

Keith walked up to me and wrapped an arm around my shoulder "come on buddy. Let's have a drink together" I nodded grateful for the excuse to leave.

We went to the funky bar. I swear is everything named funky in this town! We sat down, ordered a drink (their eighteen so it's ok) and Keith turned to me with a serious expression.

"tell me darnell. Why do you think your not good enough for pico?"

I sighed "when I was six years old I was abandoned at a foster home by my parents. None of the kids wanted to play with me cause of my skin colour. I was isolated and alone until he came along"

"hi there my names pico. You wanna play with me!?"

"he was amazing. He showed me happiness when no one else would. He always took me on new adventure. He was so brave even as a child. Even when he fell from a tall tree he'd simply get back up and climb it again"

"come on darnell let's go on a new adventure together!"

"he's the reason I have nene as a friend since he also befriended her when she was left out thanks to her race. And I thanked him by letting those monsters take him!" I was crying at this point. I truly thought that I lost him forever and now he's back and I don't know how to handle these feelings.

Keith smiled at me kindly "it wasn't your fault darnell. What happened to pico was unfortunate" he sighed "but judging from what you told me you two were pretty close. I think he'll definitely accept your feelings"

"well only one way to find out" I stood up with a sigh "let's go confront pico"