Forced Date

Picos pov

"that's it I've had enough! You two are going out now!" Nene yelled practically pushing me and darnell out of the house "and don't even think about coming back until you made some progress!" and with that she slammed the door in our face.

"what do you think that was about?" I asked. He didn't answer. He just stood there blushing. I wonder what's up with him?

"ok so where do you want to do. You know since we've been kicked out" I joked.

"Well anywhere you want to go is fine" he grinned.

"ok let's go to the funky dinner! Cherry's mom works there and I've been meaning to check up on her"

"ok lead the way!"

We took a train to the funky dinner. I managed to catch cherry's mom on her break.

"hi!" I yelled catching her attention.

"oh darling your finally out of that mental hospital" she said pulling me into a hug "how are you doing love?"

"I'm doing much better thank you" I smiled at her.

"and who's this young man you have with you" she asked pointing to darnell.

"oh that's my best friend darnell!" I grinned. Darnell looked kinda hurt when I called him my best friend. I wonder why that is?

"how wonderful. I'm so happy you have friends now dear" she smiled at me.

"and how are you doing ma'am? I know is must have been hard with your husband in jail"

She sighed "well it hasn't been easy darling but he has to pay for what he done to you and Keith. Besides I still have my son and daughter so I'll get by" she smiled bravely. "now why don't I get you kids some food on the house"

"that would be awesome thank you" I grinned at her.

She left and I smiled at darnell "getting free food is pretty cool huh buddy" he didn't answer me. Why is he acting this way? I'm going to have to talk to him about it.