Chapter 15

Chapter 15 The Fascination of a Child P2.

It was the very next day. Sebastian had kept his promise, that after he finished most of his work he would finally show me the other thing that he liked about me. Whatever it is, I know for certain that it isn’t as creepy as mine was….

“Here we are.” he stopped outside in the garden. What was s special here, that he had to show me?

“The….Garden?” I asked.

“Yes, but it’s more important as to what’s in the garden.”  Sebastian grabbed onto my hand and lead me to one of the many bushes in the garden. It had pretty colors, a light purple that gave off a kind of glow like the moon’s shine.

They were a nice shade of color. It wasn't too bright or too dark...it was mellow, calm.

“Those...Sebastian, what are those there-Sebastian quickly placed a crown of those purpled flowers atop of my head, causing me to become startled.

“They’re called lilacs, my mistress.” he said while adjusting the flowers, to fit my head. “I just thought, that they looked beautiful on you. It’s a nice change from, blue don’t you think? And that’s more of the master’s color anyhow.”

“You think, that I’m beautiful. Sebastian?” I asked while trying not to make myself sound too eager to know.

He might’ve picked up on it already, because he started to laugh. It started off as a chuckle, than gradually grew. It was such a noticeable one too, it wasn’t like he was trying to suppress it either. It had actually been really loud. I was trying to figure out whether or not he was laughing at me or not…..

“Oh, my mistress.” he sighed. “I cannot believe that you don’t see it already.”

“See what?”

Sebastian knelt before me, as he always did before petting me on the head. But instead of doing that, he brushed back the hair from my forehead and kissed me softly.

“That I…..think you’re beautiful mistress.”

Blushing at his complementing words, I felt my forehead and smiled, as he turned away looking off into the distance. The gentle gust of wind, blew the small flowers in the air and they scattered about. It was rhythmic...like some sort of performance.

“I love how they dance….Sebastian.”

“Oh?”

“Do you think, that I’ll ever be able to dance like that? Like those flowers, that barely visible make up for it with their color and light movements.”I had been taken away, by their uniqueness.

“ Graceful, Delicate, and Small. Aren’t those the words that describe you, my young lady? The same words used to describe these flowers, in particular are used as well. So of course, you would be capable of maneuvering such magnificent dances.”

“A simple yes or no, would’ve done just fine.” I laughed, and scooped up the purple petals in my hand.

I pondered with them for a while and perked my lips, then blew them away in a casual manner.This time the petals spiraled around each other before going away with the wind, once more. Like a duet….of some sort.

“My lady, might I ask what that was?”

“A wish.”  I hastily answered.

“What was the wish?”

“To stay with my beloved butler forever.”